Worst Performance I've Ever Seen From This Group | The Boneyard

Worst Performance I've Ever Seen From This Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
We've played worse games before, there's no denying that. However, this is the absolute worst I've ever seen out of this particular group of players. I know, the Houston loss in theory is worse, but this was just horrible. You can't win a game when your defensive strategy is limited to fouling (before the 2 min at the end where they had to) and when your comeback strategy is to jack up contested, unprepared 3s with 30 seconds on the shot clock.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
We played real soft and nothing went our way. But more importantly no one played strong.

C

Chief00

I love KO but hats off to Larry Brown - they took away so much of our offense. Additionally we came out super flat - even in hall way before going out not the usual dancing etc. I was hoping that was due to laser like focus since they had beaten us - wishful thinking.

Reaction Score
To me, the Stanford and Houston losses were worse than this one. Probably because I didn't actually know what this team was capable of at that point. Now I do, and this is an aberration.

We have a good team. Just didn't play hard today.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I disagree. I thought Boatright was playing hard.

True, but excluding him, as a team we did not. And unfortunately for us, if our 5-11 guy is the only one really pushing it against a team the size of SMU, that's how we end up with today's result.

I am really hoping for more cohesiveness these next few games. I feel like last year we had a really good team, where this year sometimes we forget how to do that and it's a scramble.

Reaction Score

In spurts he plays hard……..had a chance to make a great play and get the crowd into it and help a run and bent down to grab a loose ball and take off rather than diving about the 12-13 minute mark 2nd half……..that's not playing hard! Not all on him as I did think for the most part he was playing hard but still misses easy opportunities to score.

Reaction Score
In spurts he plays hard……..had a chance to make a great play and get the crowd into it and help a run and bent down to grab a loose ball and take off rather than diving about the 12-13 minute mark 2nd half……..that's not playing hard! Not all on him as I did think for the most part he was playing hard but still misses easy opportunities to score.
he passes up easy opportunities to score and then creates difficult opportunities for himself. I don't know, maybe he can't catch and shoot but he passes up all of those open looks.

Reaction Score
Boat always plays hard. Now smart.....that's another matter.

I will say that he needs to work on his floater over the summer. He's too small to finish consistently at the rim and fails to finish too often.

I really like Boatright and root for him like crazy as I am also 5'9". Despite his insane athletic ability, he is simply too small to drive into a congested lane against players who are 9-15" taller than him. An 8-10' pull up or floater would work much better in many situations.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I will say that he needs to work on his floater over the summer. He's too small to finish consistently at the rim and fails to finish too often.

^^^This.

Add to it that the perimeter defense wasn't good, including Boat's. In their defense, SMU is good.

Reaction Score
Playing hard and 100% are two different things……..there wasn't anyone who gave 100% yesterday that's for sure. 100% is boxing out every play, getting loose balls when you have a chance, not allowing picks to delay your ability to guard, not allowing run outs by getting back on D, fighting for every rebound and not running out looking for the fast break………

PLaying hard is doing it when you have to or when you're good and ready………they played hard I agree yesterday but it was a day where 100% and then some was required and no one was ready for that.

Reaction Score
I thought Boatright and Giffey were the only ones who came to play. Giffey seems to get into the wrong places at the wrong time, but the effort was there.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score

Like Lamb did in the summer of 2010!

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I felt like they forced too many tough shots. I said once earlier in the season, when the assist to basket ratio is low you won't win. Well I was wrong, they had 7 assists on 16 baskets. A little tongue in cheek here. With 16 turnovers it clearly shows too much forced play and had they shared the ball better we might have scored more.
There was also something amiss on D. I've seen it before and I think it falls on the guards. When they allow dribble penetration, one of the bigs has to step up which leaves an opponent big open for a close shot. The team needs to do a better job of not allowing dribble penetration and to stop losing track of their men when on the weak side.

Reaction Score
SMU is going to make alot of teams look bad. Its a team you would not want to meet early in the big dance

Reaction Score
The game is not over, but I would like to nominate the first half against South Florida tonight as a worst ever half.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
Did the game get cancelled and that's why they're showing the UConn/SMU game again :(

Reaction Score
Rewrite the title to say worst first half performance....because it was. Glad they are responding. 15-0 run right now.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
Sorry for the all caps but I'm angry. STOP LEAVING YOUR MAN WIDE OPEN ON D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom