Worst Loss Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
D
Diagree. We competed in that game. And while it was extremely
disappointing, we came back from a deficit to go ahead late.
Every 3 and out in this game and every missed FG was a dagger.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'd rather lose with a dagger in the heart at the last second than take three quarters of football off. This was awful....ten minutes of AWESOME football followed by three quarters of SNOOZE, Pasqualoni style. You just knew this was coming. A last-second explosive play hurts when you lose, but this kind of APATHY hurts more, if you ask me. Much more.

Reaction Score
The RU loss a couple years ago was much worse...still sick over that one.

I was disgusted walking out of the Rent today too, but if it takes a game like this for Pasqualoni to get the axe at the end of the season it will be worth it.

Reaction Score
congrats. you are the only true fan
Hey, I was there to the end too. I always stay until the end. Ended the game sitting next to a cute older woman (50s) and was telling her we'd lose after Temple scored the tying TD. She was cool.

From what I gathered, we have fans, period. We have fans who will fill the stadium to the top. We have fans there at the stadium who want us to win. Going all the way to the last row. I had fun. It was refreshing to see that kind of attendance and enthusiasm at the game. On the way out, even kids younger than teen years were discussing the game. Our fans are sticking with us through the good and the bad. This bad era just needs to end as soon as possible. I think Susan Herbst would agree. She doesn't want to be booed at games. Somehow, PP relishes being booed. Didn't work out yesterday. No one wants to win these games more than the players and their parents. They know they have the most to gain or lose. We have to support them if they lose.

All in all, if we can get a more competent coach and win, the Rent will rock.

Reaction Score
I was disgusted walking out of the Rent today too, but if it takes a game like this for Pasqualoni to get the axe at the end of the season it will be worth it.
I am pretty sure we have no choice but to axe him now. His resume while here is not going to work. He screwed up. Big time.

Reaction Score
Hey, I was there to the end too. I always stay until the end. Ended the game sitting next to a cute older woman (50s) and was telling her we'd lose after Temple scored the tying TD. She was cool.

From what I gathered, we have fans, period. We have fans who will fill the stadium to the top. We have fans there at the stadium who want us to win. Going all the way to the last row. I had fun. It was refreshing to see that kind of attendance and enthusiasm at the game. On the way out, even kids younger than teen years were discussing the game. Our fans are sticking with us through the good and the bad. This bad era just needs to end as soon as possible. I think Susan Herbst would agree. She doesn't want to be booed at games. Somehow, PP relishes being booed. Didn't work out yesterday. No one wants to win these games more than the players and their parents. They know they have the most to gain or lose. We have to support them if they lose.

Was that your first game in person?

Reaction Score
Was that your first game in person?
No. Been going to games here and there since 2003. Went for the first game against Indiana. Do wish I went to games while at school.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure we have no choice but to axe him now. His resume while here is not going to work. He screwed up. Big time.
I must be upfront and say that I opposed hiring PP in the first place given the way his Syracuse career ended, his age, and how long it's been since he coached in college. You really need to consider his coaching record in his last few Syracuse years and add it to his first two at UCONN. He needs to go or the program is done. We need a young, passionate, innovative coach. I don't even care who at this point, just anyone else but PP.

Reaction Score
PP has basically turned out to be what ever fan expected. I'm hoping that the AD didn't see it ending up any differently. The signed up for mediocrity minus. When they chose the guy, they should have expected a flat status quo choice that would tread water and give the fan base very little to get excited about. The results have been, well, just about that. You get what you pay for - conservative coach in the twilight of his career As a marginal college football fan, this guy does not even squeeze an ounce of interest out of me as a passive fan. He brings a level of coaching to the program that feels like high school football. Connecticut ties, yada, who cares. I mean, if CT was a football hotbed, I could understand. It's a young program, go young. Not stale.

Reaction Score
I was there yesterday and the Rutgers game 3 years ago. This one is worse for me. To start, I ran the Hartford 5K that morning (which turned out to be a good day to run) and I did OK. I was looking forward to watching my school on homecoming get a much needed win.

We were ahead and I thought that GDL had finally got the message with the way we played in the 1st quarter. Well, we know the rest. Add our issues on offense to the kicking game and I walked out of there pretty down.

Reaction Score
That's number 1B for me. We just lost to Temple less than 2 years removed from a BCS bowl. Could this cost us a conference invite?

UConn lost to Temple in a melt down in 2010....BCS bowl year. Jordan Todman fumbled the ball late in the game.

Reaction Score
It's officially in my Top 5. This game, Temple two years ago. Navy in '06, getting taken to the woodshed by our "Co-Champion" WVU in 2007 and Rutgers '09 ( a week after losing a heartbreaker in WVU after the murder).

Reaction Score
That's number 1B for me. We just lost to Temple less than 2 years removed from a BCS bowl. Could this cost us a conference invite?

Last I checked we lost to Temple the same year we went to a BCS bowl.

Reaction Score

You saw enthusiasm out of the fans at the game on Saturday? Which game were you at?

Reaction Score
We were ahead and I thought that GDL had finally got the message with the way we played in the 1st quarter. Well, we know the rest. quote]

I thought the playcalling was actually ok, MINUS the Scott McCummings wildcat on 2nd and 3 when they were driving at will in the 4th. Loss of 3. Next play, Whitmer rollout, Nick Williams drops a ball that he would have taken inside the 10 (had tons of room).

I thought the playcalling was acceptable on Saturday. Just can't lose to Temple at home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom