Worst coaching job of the year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Worst coaching job of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fab Melo was Big East Defensive Player of the Year and Syracuse only lost once when he played.

Sorry, he's not just an average player on the defensive end. He's a dominant 7 footer who controls the paint. He averaged 3.7 blocks a game in Big East play (led the league in blocks this year). No way OSU scores 77 points with Melo on the floor significant minutes.

Reaction Score
the other Syracuse posts, funny, this one, not a good look. how are we going to talk about coaching given the display we saw on the floor this year?

U

UCONNfan1

i think Duke losing to Lehigh early in the NCAA's may have been the biggest choke of the season, but i don't think you can say K did the worst coaching job of the season. honestly, of the season, i think you'd have to look at a team that was preseason top 10, or even top 5, and went out with a whimper. hate to say it, but that might be UCONN this year. i get that JC was out with surgery for a bit, but it seems to me if you are talking in generic terms about the worst coaching job of the year and base it on expectations and results, UCONN would have to be at the top of the list.

Reaction Score
how can we talk about underachieving?

Thank you. One of the most bizarre threads in the history of this board. At the beginning of the season, exactly how many of you thought Syracuse was going to be much better than us? At the beginning of the year, i said that I didn't see how anyone other than Kentucky, UNC, OSU or UConn had the talent to win it all.

Yeah, Syracuse underachieved because they lost a game to a great team. Sheesh.

Reaction Score
So is that why OSU was favored in the game? Get a clue

Cuse lost to a better team

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thank you. One of the most bizarre threads in the history of this board. At the beginning of the season, exactly how many of you thought Syracuse was going to be much better than us? At the beginning of the year, i said that I didn't see how anyone other than Kentucky, UNC, OSU or UConn had the talent to win it all.

Yeah, Syracuse underachieved because they lost a game to a great team. Sheesh.

Amazingly, there's even worse in this thread than not giving OSU proper credit and ignoring UConn's underperformance.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming uconniki means the Calhoun/Blaney combo did not do well with the talent on the roster.
Offense started off bad and would stay that way all year, same with defense ( 3pt ), rebounding, AD, AO, etc. No apparent improvement in any area or player all year. Nova hc Jay Wright said before the season began, he was worried about how anyone would be able to get a rebound against Uconn, and it was probably our worst rebounding team ever as it turned out. No one boxed out all year, and the ISt game was all the proof anyone should need. You can be taught to box out (coaching). JC used to say if you want to watch the game, you can have a seat right next to me, on the bench. AD got to watch the game from under the basket no matter how he was playing, or the amount of effort he was giving. Which resulted in 0 improvement in his game. He was the same player at the end of the year as he was the first day he stepped foot on campus. Rebounding, boxing out, shot selection, shooting technique, foul shooting, focus. Isn't that what coaching is suppose to improve. And that is just 1 player out of 10, and player development is just 1 aspect of team development. Nobody improved, and the team never improved. Do we even have a big mans coach.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I think Ben Howland has to be considered for worst coaching job of the year considering the recruits he's slinging. Just an embarrassing showing for the POC 12 in general this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom