World Golf Tour | The Boneyard

World Golf Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Anyone play this game? They have a Virtual US Open at Merion, Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, Bethpage Black, Oakment, etc as courses you can play on. Its really hard though, but I might just suck. If anyone wants to get a boneyard game going, let me or others know.

LINK

Reaction Score
Haven't played, but will definitely check it out later. Thanks.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Have. Played off and on for 6 months. I'm no better now than when I started.

Reaction Score
For someone who's never played golf, I'm glad I manage to occasionally land it on the green.

One time I was aiming for 80 something yards and somehow it went flying over 100 yards, and I clicked pretty close to perfect, so I'm sure I'm missing some nuances in the game...

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
For someone who's never played golf, I'm glad I manage to occasionally land it on the green.

One time I was aiming for 80 something yards and somehow it went flying over 100 yards, and I clicked pretty close to perfect, so I'm sure I'm missing some nuances in the game...

Wind and lie play a huge role in the game. Its a lot less forgiving than any Tiger Woods game in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Wind and lie play a huge role in the game. Its a lot less forgiving than any Tiger Woods game in my opinion.
I think if you pay extra for clubs and balls it gets easier. Can't even reach fairways with perfect hits sometimes with generic stuff.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I think if you pay extra for clubs and balls it gets easier. Can't even reach fairways with perfect hits sometimes with generic stuff.

Me either. I just did the US Virtual Open at Merion and it forced me to play the back tees. Couldn't even reach the fairway I was sent in the rough every drive. Shot a +20 haha.

Reaction Score
I'm improving on drives now taking more notice of lie, wind, and elevation. Still can't putt worth a damn. Infuriating to get a chance to go for par and keep messing up the putts.

And if 20+ is bad, I'm closing in on +30 with several more holes to go. I think I even got mercy-ruled to the next hole at one point.

EDIT: +39 is your score to beat haha

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I'm improving on drives now taking more notice of lie, wind, and elevation. Still can't putt worth a damn. Infuriating to get a chance to go for par and keep messing up the putts.

And if 20+ is bad, I'm closing in on +30 with several more holes to go. I think I even got mercy-ruled to the next hole at one point.

EDIT: +39 is your score to beat haha

I was contemplating buying new clubs, but then I said, "it's a game. Don't."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member