WomenshoopsGuru likes UCONN on Tuesday | The Boneyard

WomenshoopsGuru likes UCONN on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just got a tweet from Mel and he likes UCONN by double digits. IMO, UCONN's defense is too tough, too much speed and too much length in the post........

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think it might be close. You know Duke has been looking at this game as a measuring stick. The Blue Devils are hungry for a FF berth and look hungry.

Cant wait for the game.

GO UCONN!

Reaction Score
UConn 79-72. It will be closer than many UConn fans think. Duke has a lot to prove, especially at home. This will be a hard fought game.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
It may be closer than 20 points, but the game will never be in doubt... We just have too much for Duke to handle... Both coaches will come away with information to make their teams better... Geno will benefit the most... His 2nd half corrections have yielded great results in the past... Look for that in this game as well as tweaks for future games...

I make it a 10 point spread.. UConn on top...

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn will win and by how much will depend on how effective KML and MTuck are. UConn has rolled over Duke for the past few years. Defensively Duke will have a very difficult time getting inside on UConn. Williams will have to stay out of foul trouble something she hasn't been able to do and Williams will have to have a good scoring night something she hasn't done against top teams consistently. UConn will take away Dukes inside game. That leaves Duke outside game. Well with our height and shot blockers it will be tuff getting inside the paint. Dukes outside shooters are slow. Liston is their best shooter and our defense will do to her what they did to Maggie (Penn St). Duke also depends on their fast break. UConn will get back and most importantly will rebound making Dukes fast break nil. UConn by double digits and it could get ugly. Duke will have a very hard time trying to score and stop UConn from scoring. We beat Ohio St by 21 in a slow down game where Ohio St ran the clock down. We beat MD @MD by 17 and they are big and athletic. Those games were without KML and Tuck. Don't forget in all our games this season Geno called off the dogs early, no fast break, set up the offense, and stopped the press. Above all after listening to JPMs interview on Dishin and Swishin I have to believe with that attitude Duke cant win. IMO Ive tried to think of a way Duke could beat UConn and I cant and like I said unless UConn doesn't show up and has to forefeet I dont see Duke coming close.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This may be the best Duke team that we have seen. But it may be the best UConn team we've seen. I don't see how Duke makes up 30 points, but I'm not taking them lightly. I think we pull away and win by 15 or so.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
UConn has rolled over Duke for the past few years.

Apologies Tonyc for using your post as a launching pad to express a pet peeve - too many posters are saying that UConn will wallop Duke, and that's probably true, but that prediction should be based first on the line-ups that will take the floor Tuesday night, and secondarily on the abilities of the respective coaches to make adjustments as circumstances.

But to say that UConn will beat Duke based on past performance just doesn't make sense to me. Today's Patriots game against Miami is a case in point - first time in 4 years the Dolphins have beaten New England.

I know your post has a lot of good analysis - just wish the highlighted sentence had been left out.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
UConn 79-72. It will be closer than many UConn fans think. Duke has a lot to prove, especially at home. This will be a hard fought game.

I'd be quite surprised if Duke breaks 70, given that the only time UConn has given up more than 57 (Stanford) was in the Oregon track meet. Conversely, Duke gave up 69 to Vandy, 78 to Purdue, and 85 to OK. So, while I think it will be hard-fought for a while, I'm thinking something more like 83 - 65.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Apologies Tonyc for using your post as a launching pad to express a pet peeve - too many posters are saying that UConn will wallop Duke, and that's probably true, but that prediction should be based first on the line-ups that will take the floor Tuesday night, and secondarily on the abilities of the respective coaches to make adjustments as circumstances.

But to say that UConn will beat Duke based on past performance just doesn't make sense to me. Today's Patriots game against Miami is a case in point - first time in 4 years the Dolphins have beaten New England.

I know your post has a lot of good analysis - just wish the highlighted sentence had been left out.
Cabbie I didn't mean to imply that the past is a certain here in the future. UConn will win by double digits with almost any lineup. With KML and Tuck it could be over quickly. My reference to the past is an indication of Genos surperior ability to coach his team and get them to perform at a level that not other team including Duke can perform. I like UConn by 20+. I don't expect it to be close. I will predict my score tomorrow.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think we win w/o the walking wounded by 15 points or so.
If our returning threesome play a normal game
I just don't see how Duke can keep up.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
You could be right- I was thinking that for a while now. then I look at some of the match ups , and Chelsea Gray's knee, and Oklahoma out in transition scoring at will and I'm not so sure!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
But to say that UConn will beat Duke based on past performance just doesn't make sense to me.
The first 7 players for Duke will be the same. Same starting 5. Same 2 off the bench.

8 of the 9 players that will see time for Uconn played in the game last year.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
With KML and Morgan back , even on a ltd basis and maybe ltd minutes, it is hard to see them beating us or keeping this game really close, I would really hate to lose to them down there.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I just got a tweet from Mel and he likes UCONN by double digits. UCONN's defense is too tough, too much speed and too much length in the post..........I agree.
Not to pick nits but it seems you put some words in Mel's mouth.....

Mel Greenberg ‏@womhoopsguru 5h
@jsloanjr haven had time to think about it yet due to heavy loaad of locals. But off the gut uconn by 11 going in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom