Women’s AP All-American Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Women’s AP All-American Team

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Is the wall for those that have exceptional careers or just for popular players?
It’s for first team All-Americans. A player’s number isn’t retired until she’s inducted into the Hall of Fame

Reaction Score
Can't disagree with any selection except Reese. Her attitude does not represent 1st Team All-American.

Reaction Score
Congrats to all of the players who made the All-American Team. Huge shout out to our beloved Aaliyah Edwards. Well-deserved honor. I was watching some games from last year and remembering some of the comments folks made about Aaliyah. Like I said, well deserved honor Aaliyah. Super proud of you and all of your hard work. Keep up the great work. Again, congratulations to all of the players who made the list.

Reaction Score
It’s for first team All-Americans. A player’s number isn’t retired until she’s inducted into the Hall of Fame
IS tis first team of any assoc. naming AA or just the WBCA ?

Reaction Score
In fairness to players...they should designate 25 players with no team designation. Everything else is top "25". I mean the letters "TN" make me itch, but come on...no Jackson or Horston? Latson. Taiyanna Jackson. Mikesell. Celeste Taylor. You get my point.
I agree, as far as Horston is concerned. I’d swap out Reese from first team and replace her with Kitley. Cooke on the 3rd team? Maybe HM at best, too inconsistent.

Reaction Score
Her play does though.
Not exactly.
If you enter an allowance horse in race against low priced claiming horses the allowance horse will win the majority, if not all, of the races. When you enter that same allowance horse in a race against Grade 1 or Grade 2 Stakes winners that horse will lose.

Angel Reese’s scoring average against all “competition” this year: 23.4 ppg
Angel Reese’s scoring against Grade 1 competition: 16 ppg
Angel Reese’s rebounds against all “completion” this year: 15.5 rpg
Angel Reese’s rebounds against Grade 1 completion this year: 4 defensive rebounds (zero offensive rebounds) per game.

South Carolina was the only Graded Stakes winner LSU faced all year.

IMHO her play does not qualify her as a first team All American. Perhaps second team based upon the fact that the voters usually weigh how many points the player scores as the most important metric.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
First team - South Carolina's Aliyah Boston is a three-time AP All-American. Iowa’s Caitlin Clark, Villanova’s Maddy Siegrist, LSU’s Angel Reese and Indiana’s Mackenzie Holmes. Boston and Clark were unanimous choices by the 28-member national media panel that votes in the AP Top 25 each week.

Reaction Score
Not exactly.
If you enter an allowance horse in race against low priced claiming horses the allowance horse will win the majority, if not all, of the races. When you enter that same allowance horse in a race against Grade 1 or Grade 2 Stakes winners that horse will lose.

Angel Reese’s scoring average against all “competition” this year: 23.4 ppg
Angel Reese’s scoring against Grade 1 competition: 16 ppg
Angel Reese’s rebounds against all “completion” this year: 15.5 rpg
Angel Reese’s rebounds against Grade 1 completion this year: 4 defensive rebounds (zero offensive rebounds) per game.

South Carolina was the only Graded Stakes winner LSU faced all year.

IMHO her play does not qualify her as a first team All American. Perhaps second team based upon the fact that the voters usually weigh how many points the player scores as the most important metric.
The grade 1 sample size is just too small. That's not Reese's problem. It's on Mulkey. Look. Is LSU a bit overrated? Yes. Is Reese? No.

Reaction Score
Can someone repost the requirements for getting on the wall? I know I saw it years ago but have for……what was I saying…gotten. I guess third team doesn’t do it? Never mind!

Reaction Score
Tough competition on this list. 15 solidified candidates. Call me a homer if you want. Aliyah should be second team and Lou should be third team.
You think Aliyah Boston should be second team?

Reaction Score
Because the Huskies were not a top four team in the polls for most of the season, the individual players didn't get the National notice. Hope that provides a lot of motivation during this NCAA run. It looks like only four Big East players made this list?
That's a nice little nugget. I Didn't recognize 4 Big East players made it.

Reaction Score
The grade 1 sample size is just too small. That's not Reese's problem. It's on Mulkey. Look. Is LSU a bit overrated? Yes. Is Reese? No.
I agree that it would better to have a greater sample size. But whom else to include? I considered including Tennessee in the “Graded” category. But their performance throughout the year was inconsistent. If Tamari Key was available I probably would have included them because they would have been more consistent. But a 6’6” post would not have helped Angel’s numbers.
The point I was trying to make was that strength of schedule should be taken into consideration in the All American voting. Individual stats get padded from the 3 digit blowouts against the weaker teams even when playing time is reduced. And if LSU ate a little beef jerky instead of just cup cakes Angel’s stats would be more in line with the second and third team selections.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
She just hasn't gotten better since her Sophomore year. Her and Fran Belibi have such high ceilings but seem to have gotten stuck on the third floor.
I think one of the problems with Jones is she doesn’t have a certain position in which she can really focus on. The saying ‘Jack of all trades, master of none’ sort of applies here, imho. She is amazing, don’t get me wrong, and I wouldn’t trade her for anyone else, but perhaps this is the reason she hasn’t increased her numbers significantly. But hey, what do I know?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom