WNBA Offseason Player Transactions | The Boneyard

WNBA Offseason Player Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The LA Sparks signed Erin Phillips and waived Lindsey Harding.

The LA Sparks seem to be on an uphill trend and the Mercury seem to be slipping with DT taking the year off and losing Phillips. Although Monique Currie is now on the Mercury roster.

Wonder what other changes will take place but I think most teams are waiting to see what happens in the NCAA tournament.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

The LA Sparks seem to be on an uphill trend and the Mercury seem to be slipping with DT taking the year off and losing Phillips. Although Monique Currie is now on the Mercury roster.

Wonder what other changes will take place but I think most teams are waiting to see what happens in the NCAA tournament.

Sparks also signed Aussie post Marianna Tolo - a good add. She's versatile

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Chicago Sky are just getting the band back together - Young and Vandersloot re-signed to multi-year deals. Makes sense to stand pat and try to stay healthy this year. Will be interesting to see if they can bring back Quigley.

Reaction Score

Hmm, those Duke kids don't seem able to hold a job. Wonder if they've tried waiting tables? :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So Mo Currie has left her hometown Mystics team. Interesting.

Reaction Score
With Phillips going to LA I hope Tiffany Bias gets a lot of playing time since DT is taking the year off.

Currie should make the Mercury a lot better (getting confused- ha ha). I haven't heard if Jen Hamson is going to play for LA this year or not.

Reaction Score
Chicago Sky are just getting the band back together - Young and Vandersloot re-signed to multi-year deals. Makes sense to stand pat and try to stay healthy this year. Will be interesting to see if they can bring back Quigley.
If EDD can stay healthy then they should be back in the Finals again this year. Yes, they should resign Quigley. They need her so EDD can pass it to her when the double teams come.

If Stokes is still available they should pick her up. An awesome thought having Stokes and Fowles in the middle.

Last edited:

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Also heard that Renee Montgomery will be a teammate of Sue Bird's at the start of the season. Have been wondering if Anne Donovan is biased against former UCONN players. It will be interesting to see if Kelly will be playing for the Sun.

Reaction Score
With Phillips going to LA I hope Tiffany Bias gets a lot of playing time since DT is taking the year off.

Currie should make the Mercury a lot better (getting confused- ha ha). I haven't heard if Jen Hamson is going to play for LA this year or not.

Doubtful with the addition of Leilani Mitchell. She'll be the starting PG I'm sure.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
If EDD can stay healthy then they should be back in the Finals again this year. Yes, they should resign Quigley. They need her so EDD can pass it to her when the double teams come.

If Stokes is still available they should pick her up. An awesome thought having Stokes and Fowles in the middle.

They still have Prince. She had a down year last year - but still had better advanced metrics overall than Quigley. I know the Sky fans on rebkell want the Sky to re-sign Quigley and trade Prince. That would be madness. It's best to buy low and sell high rather than the other way around.

Reaction Score
Two other surprises:

Plenette Pierson and Karima Christmas signed contracts with the Tulsa Shock.

Reaction Score
And both already were there before!
And...have they figured out if Cambage will play for them this year. That is the key to their success IMO. With her they could challenge Minny for the West.

Reaction Score
Jennifer Hamson is going to play for the LA Sparks this year. It's going to be a dogfight out west this year!

Hamson
Phillips
Tolliver
Ogumikwe
Parker...

Look out!

Reaction Score
Also heard that Renee Montgomery will be a teammate of Sue Bird's at the start of the season. Have been wondering if Anne Donovan is biased against former UCONN players. It will be interesting to see if Kelly will be playing for the Sun.

I swear if I hear/read this just once more I will throw up in disgust. :mad:

Reaction Score

I read somewhere that Penny Taylor injured her ankle. I don't know how badly but if she's out that will hamper Phoenix as well.

Reaction Score
I read somewhere that Penny Taylor injured her ankle. I don't know how badly but if she's out that will hamper Phoenix as well.

Penny most likely is/was going to sit out the season anyway

Reaction Score
Our home town team has re - signed Kayla Pedersen and signed free agent Alyssia Brewer per Sun website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom