Wnba lottery draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wnba lottery draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Indeed, it was Texas A&M. Nobody is saying that Skylar/ND didn't have considerable success against UConn during her tenure. But, that's not what I was saying. I was saying that Skylar's record in winning championships - college, pro, Olympic - did not warrant a comparison to Maya Moore. Period.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying that Skylar was/is "better" than Maya. I like Maya just as much. Skylar's team did knock Maya's out of the Final Four though. She has to be considered a "Winner".

Reaction Score
Perhaps - you may be right, but perhaps not. Having Simms and Diggins in the back court would be terrific for them. Teams aren't necessarily drafting for "right now", but for the future as well.

But then again, they have Wiggins, Goodrich, Williams and Hodges as well. Maybe McBride would be a better immediate fit for them. Unless they wanted to trade Hodges and Wiggins to land a quality wing (and they still have Powell). Not sure why Tulsa isn't better, actually.

Seems to me that they need more forward/center type players. One never knows if Cambage will be back every year (maybe they know more than we do), and that leaves them with some forwards, but no real centers (is Courtney Paris still there?)...

Yeah, Tulsa's GM is saying that maybe the draft pick could be used for trade purposes. Simms could pair up with Skylar and Goodrich as well. Maybe they should just try to use Paris as a power forward.

Yeah, I think Tulsa should be way better than they were last year. Like I said I think it was the coaching.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I'm not saying that Skylar was/is "better" than Maya. I like Maya just as much. Skylar's team did knock Maya's out of the Final Four though. She has to be considered a "Winner".

No, you did not say that Skylar is "better" than Maya. You said that she "is a winner, just like Maya". That's where the comparison fails. Maya has won championships: Skylar has not. Maya has won national player of the year: Skylar has not. Maya is The Invincible Queen. Skylar is not.

You did not say Skylar is better, but, you did make the direct comparison as a "winner". She isn't.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
No, you did not say that Skylar is "better" than Maya. You said that she "is a winner, just like Maya". That's where the comparison fails. Maya has won championships: Skylar has not. Maya has won national player of the year: Skylar has not. Maya is The Invincible Queen. Skylar is not.

You did not say Skylar is better, but, you did make the direct comparison as a "winner". She isn't.

Game, set, match.... next!

Reaction Score

Her team won three out of four last season didn't they?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Her team won three out of four last season didn't they?
But not when it counted most. No championships in high school, none in college. She never won the last game of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom