WNBA Captures Fans | The Boneyard

WNBA Captures Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Glad to know it is gaining a foothold. But I am not interested in the same way I can not stand other pro sports today. Baseball playoffs are pretty much the limit of my interest. I can't explain it but it just lives me, meh.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Nice to see the uptick in TV viewers on ESPN2 - pretty big increase

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Glad to know it is gaining a foothold. But I am not interested in the same way I can not stand other pro sports today. Baseball playoffs are pretty much the limit of my interest. I can't explain it but it just lives me, meh.

At one time I was a diehard Sox fan, a fanatic Bruins fan and I loved the Giants. Now you would have to pay me to watch professional sports outside of golf.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
At one time I was a diehard Sox fan, a fanatic Bruins fan and I loved the Giants. Now you would have to pay me to watch professional sports outside of golf.
Exactly, how I feel most of the time.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I would spend almost 12 hours every Sunday watching football, now I may spend a few hours watching NFL red zone. I follow the scores in baseball a bit and may watch a few of the playoff games, and I just got bored with the NBA. With football I just can't take all the commercials - they shortened the actual playing time by keeping the clock running, but the games have gone from about 2 hrs when I first started watching to 3.5 hrs now - so basically an extra 1.5 hours of commercials. Score, commercial, kick-off, commercial, etc. I find it funny during the afternoon games there are often times on Red Zone when all three or four late games are in commercial breaks at the same time.

Reaction Score
big money, flash and lack of dedication has turned many away

The athletes should not be paid what they are worth?
The players should not demand a percentage of the revenues?
You liked professional sports more during the days of the reserve clause when the owners controlled and pulled all the strings?
Lack of dedication? Please expound. Merely becoming a professional athlete requires tremendous dedication.

I will agree, though, that attending professional athletic events is prohibitively costly, but they are almost always available on television. Not the same experience, but...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
they deserve every penny because its all business... just saying a few people pushed away cause of all the extra stuff. I understand it all, don't mind it at all... actually find it amusing that they get paid soooo much. my problem is "practice... not a game, Practice" and complaining about a dress code "at work".

I'm talking about the NBA... I wish the W players were paid more etc as well. I hate to see the league fail.

and in college wbb you have a few fans who hate the players/teams that go against the grain a lil... but at the same time who cares what a few grumpy fans has to say.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
As for the W... you can't even get a boxscore in the Courant if it doesn't involve the Sun, that's sad

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I would spend almost 12 hours every Sunday watching football, now I may spend a few hours watching NFL red zone. I follow the scores in baseball a bit and may watch a few of the playoff games, and I just got bored with the NBA. With football I just can't take all the commercials - they shortened the actual playing time by keeping the clock running, but the games have gone from about 2 hrs when I first started watching to 3.5 hrs now - so basically an extra 1.5 hours of commercials. Score, commercial, kick-off, commercial, etc. I find it funny during the afternoon games there are often times on Red Zone when all three or four late games are in commercial breaks at the same time.
I still watch football - on tape delay. Lots of fast-forwarding (I watch everything - even WBB - that way). Can't think of a commercial I "need" to see.

I do enjoy NFL football, and we watch quite a bit on Sundays (NFL Sunday Ticket) but not to the exclusion of doing other things at the same time. I pay slightly more attention to the game on TV if it involves a team I like, less if it is a blowout (and talk about the NY Giants if you want to know pain).

Never did watch the NBA, probably would enjoy hockey but haven't followed in over 30 years. Which leaves baseball. Which I might enjoy on occasion, but except for following scores, standings and playoff results, I find I rarely watch.

PS - don't watch any individual sports - golf, tennis, auto racing, etc.

I won't condemn the pro-leagues per se, as the only major thing I find objectionable is the tendency to celebrate making a good play like you just won the championship. And even more objectionable when the good play is made while your team is getting blown out, and the player is dancing and pointing to the sky and wagging his finger. That DOES turn me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom