WNBA 2024 season | Page 10 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2024 season

Reaction Score
Satou apparently had surgery today and there were no timelines announced.

In the recently held FIBA Women's Olympic Qualifying Tournament Sabally sat out their second match vs AUS. She could be seen on the bench with her arm in a sling.

The injury shouldn't be that serious, as she played match three (game highlights).

Reaction Score
In the recently held FIBA Women's Olympic Qualifying Tournament Sabally sat out their second match vs AUS. She could be seen on the bench with her arm in a sling.

The injury shouldn't be that serious, as she played match three (game highlights).
That brace she had to wear though...........man. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Stef Dolson is back with the Mystics:

A post rotation of Austin, Egbo, Hines-Allen, and Dolson is pretty decent.
I really wanted Dolson to be the primary backup 4/5 for the Mercury!

Reaction Score
Nyadiew Puoch, projected as overall 6th pick in the most recent ESPN WNBA mock draft, being chill.

"I don't really expect a lot, I just kinda go out and just play, and then I feel like things just come, and I'm like (nods) yeah thanks, and then um (laughs) and just go on with it."

Reaction Score
Wonderful post and message from Brink. She’s going to be a fantastic pro. LA seems like a good destination for her both on and off the court.

I know she’s won more accolades and awards at Stanford than you can fit in an apartment but I still feel her career has had less fanfare than deserved given her achievements. It’s probably a combination of less West Coast coverage (comparatively) along with the gravity of other major storylines (Paige/Clark as freshmen, SC’s core four run, Clark’s pursuit of the record). But maybe I’ve just missed it. Curious on others’ thoughts.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I know she’s won more accolades and awards at Stanford than you can fit in an apartment but I still feel her career has had less fanfare than deserved given her achievements. It’s probably a combination of less West Coast coverage (comparatively) along with the gravity of other major storylines (Paige/Clark as freshmen, SC’s core four run, Clark’s pursuit of the record). But maybe I’ve just missed it. Curious on others’ thoughts.
I think she was in Haley Jones' shadow most of her career. Maybe even her Soph year but definitely as a Jr. I thought Brink should've been the featured player for Stanford's offense rather than Jones. At least she got to shine this year.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I think she was in Haley Jones' shadow most of her career. Maybe even her Soph year but definitely as a Jr. I thought Brink should've been the featured player for Stanford's offense rather than Jones. At least she got to shine this year.
@GoChips20
...and when they won their national championship, it was during the Covid year, which tended to keep everything a bit more muted. Geesh, and remember they camped out in Vegas for weeks for various reasons? Everything seemed under the radar.

That said, she's got one national championship in the bag and a chance at another. I think she's going to do great in the pro's and Los Angeles sure looks like her next port of call. Good luck to her.

Reaction Score
So those mock drafts with Kamilla and Cam Brink together in LA may come to fruition. I like that for them but don't love the rest of their team.

I like the decision by Brink though I really thought she couldn't go wrong. I thought she could grow even more on the perimeter and shooting threes and obviously a Stanford education/grad degree is phenomenal. But I'm sure she dreamed of going pro and though she's pretty much been awesome since her freshman year (I get the foul trouble issue) I kinda feel like being drafted 2 would be an amazing accomplishment, maybe even a shock to her. It's a testament to how far she's come. She didn't come from a crazy basketball high school and wasn't like a star in those youth team usa teams. So much respect.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wonderful post and message from Brink. She’s going to be a fantastic pro. LA seems like a good destination for her both on and off the court.

Yeah agreed. PAC-12 network did her no favors, especially the last 2 years when she would’ve been a more prominent figure. I doubt she’s complaining though. She’ll finish her career with at least 1 championship, 2 Final Four Appearances, 3 years being named an All American, a PAC-12 POY award, 3 PAC-12 DPOY awards, likely 2 National Defensive POY awards, the #2 FT streak in NCAA history and a Stanford degree where her parents were able to watch most games in person. She’s also been dating a rower at Stanford the last 3 years and her social media has blown up too while at Stanford. By all accounts, she seems to have had a wonderful college career.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah agreed. PAC-12 network did her no favors, especially the last 2 years when she would’ve been a more prominent figure. I doubt she’s complaining though. She’ll finish her career with at least 1 championship, 2 Final Four Appearances, 3 years being named an All American, a PAC-12 POY award, 3 PAC-12 DPOY awards, likely 2 National Defensive POY awards, the #2 FT streak in NCAA history and a Stanford degree where her parents were able to watch most games in person. She’s also been dating a rower at Stanford the last 3 years and her social media has blown up too while at Stanford. By all accounts, she seems to have had a wonderful college career.
Joined the select few w/ 400 career blocked shots. I think I read she's 1 of 17 that have ever done that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm looking at Brink's stats. She's never averaged more than 25 minutes per game in any season. 22.5 for her career. Imagine what she could've done if she was playing 30-35 mpg like a lot of players do.

Reaction Score
I'm looking at Brink's stats. She's never averaged more than 25 minutes per game in any season. 22.5 for her career. Imagine what she could've done if she was playing 30-35 mpg like a lot of players do.
Scary thought. At the same time, that could be to her advantage with respect to wear and tear on the body. She's had the benefit of being on a team that could survive without her having to play major minutes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She also had a history of getting into foul trouble. I bet that affected her minutes.
To some degree. Stanford had a very deep rotation in the front court most of her time there, that limited her minutes too.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised Brink is going pro and think it's the right call. She will be the number 2 pick and get to play in LA. The Sparks have a lot of gaps to fill and she will have the opportunity to contribute immediately.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
To some degree. Stanford had a very deep rotation in the front court most of her time there, that limited her minutes too.
Early on, it was rotation-related. Since her sophomore year, she's been our obvious front court starter, and so the limitation in minutes has largely been driven by fouls. (and honestly it's a major downside to being such a two-way player - she picks up a lot of offensive and defensive fouls in a way that most bigs are primarily prone to one or the other).

Reaction Score
She couldn't because she was always in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
She couldn't because she was always in foul trouble.
True, but in addition Tara had the luxury of being able to be cautious with Brink's foul issues because of how loaded they were with talented bigs on the bench. They didn't have to worry about falling off a cliff when she was out. Over her career Tara has had a player on the bench that could dunk, another 6-5 player that was a good 3 pt shooter, and a future WNBA high pick in Betts.

In addition to playing it safe with Brink's minutes because of fouls, it wasn't necessary to overwork her because of the talent on the bench. No need to squeeze a few more minutes out of her when she was getting tired because of a big drop off when she was out. The same was true for Boston last year with Cardoso behind her.

Reaction Score

I'm interested in seeing the second round, though I know there are such limited spots in the W. Hot takes I have... Kitley is a great prospect, would take her ahead of Pili. If Chicago walks away with Rickea Jackson and Aliyah Edwards they win the draft, full stop. Charisma Osborne is going to make the roster of whatever team she is drafted to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom