WNBA 2024 season | Page 15 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2024 season

Reaction Score
Seriously tho, y'all wouldn't take a flier on Liz Cabbage?
Why? Saw a clip from one of her games in China recently. She played out of control and was ejected for some really bad player control fouls (elbows to the head).

Who in the WNBA has the capacity to manage her? There hasn't been any interest on her part to work on that part of her game. Don't see any benefit in taking on that risk.

Reaction Score
Why? Saw a clip from one of her games in China recently. She played out of control and was ejected for some really bad player control fouls (elbows to the head).

Who in the WNBA has the capacity to manage her? There hasn't been any interest on her part to work on that part of her game. Don't see any benefit in taking on that risk.
I actually was thinking the opposite from her China clips. That was awful, the clip ur referencing to but she was suspended for a game (Game 3 of the championship series against a team lead by Jonquel Jones). She came back for games 4 and 5 and lead her team to victory (had something like 38 and 10 in the last game). I doubt she considers it but I really do think a team like Phoenix or New York could deal with her personality and would benefit from having her. Phoenix cuz I'm sure she respects BG. Natasha Cloud seems like a good leader. New York because of Sandy Brondello. She's still 6'8 with a soft touch. Even Minnesota would be real interesting. I just think it's an arms race in the W and Las Vegas is still just more talented than most teams.

Reaction Score
I actually was thinking the opposite from her China clips. That was awful, the clip ur referencing to but she was suspended for a game (Game 3 of the championship series against a team lead by Jonquel Jones). She came back for games 4 and 5 and lead her team to victory (had something like 38 and 10 in the last game). I doubt she considers it but I really do think a team like Phoenix or New York could deal with her personality and would benefit from having her. Phoenix cuz I'm sure she respects BG. Natasha Cloud seems like a good leader. New York because of Sandy Brondello. She's still 6'8 with a soft touch. Even Minnesota would be real interesting. I just think it's an arms race in the W and Las Vegas is still just more talented than most teams.

Similar things about teams being able to deal with her personality were said when she joined Vegas and LA. It hasn't worked out from what I've seen.

Sure she can come back and be composed after a suspension. Question is, why does it have to get to that point when it comes to games she's playing?

Regardless of who she does or doesn't respect on teams it would have to be a two way street with respect to making it work. It doesn't seem like she has any interest in doing so and teams are more than willing to move on versus taking a chance on it finally working this time.

Reaction Score
Seriously, Phoenix is probably the last team that should consider bringing her in. They've been team turmoil in recent years, they absolutely don't need her problems added to the mix.
I just want to see Phx compete for a title. DT is 93. I'm just not sure if they have the talent to really compete and if not what are they doing.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
To me the reward is worth the risk for a team in China because there are far fewer posts of her caliber in China and team dynamics matter less in an overall less competitive league. She's proved toxic to several straight wnba teams and there's no shortage of quality post depth in the W. So to quote Ariana Grande,
Ariana Grande Finger Guns GIF

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
To me the reward is worth the risk for a team in China because there are far fewer posts of her caliber in China and team dynamics matter less in an overall less competitive league. She's proved toxic to several straight wnba teams and there's no shortage of quality post depth in the W. So to quote Ariana Grande,
Ariana Grande Finger Guns GIF
Plus, at this juncture, who is going to be able to fit her within their salary-cap structure. If one was to go back to Cohen's exhaustive break-down of each team's roster and salary-cap structure, there are very few teams that could even afford to bring her on (LA, Chicago if memory holds).

Still, money aside, I think the ship has sailed on this player and the WNBA.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Indiana Fever players were at the Pacers NBA game.
KLS is in one of the pictures(white and purple jersey)
Anyone know the shirt KLS has on?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom