WNBA 2024 May 2024 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2024 May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Who here had Tina Charles having 17 points and 5 rebounds--at the half--in her first WNBA regular season game since 2022?

Looks like the Dream will be fine when Jordin Canada returns. The pieces are in place.
Me. She was the absolute steal for me in the sixth round of my fantasy draft. Didn't need another big but couldn't let her get away! Feeling prescient right about now...

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Brink and Jackson had 11 and 7, respectively.
I noticed Brink was saddled with foul trouble. Huge shocker. She was productive in limited minutes. I don't put too much stock in the +/- stat, but maybe worth noting she was +8 in a game they lost by 11. She just has to figure out how to stay on the court more.

Reaction Score
I noticed Brink was saddled with foul trouble. Huge shocker. She was productive in limited minutes. I don't put too much stock in the +/- stat, but maybe worth noting she was +8 in a game they lost by 11. She just has to figure out how to stay on the court more.
I agree. I don't too much stock in the whole +/- stuff. The +/- is a team stat that deceptively looks like an individual stat. It just measures how well the team played when you were on the floor, that’s it. Personally, I think it’s the least useful stat on the box score and I generally ignore it unless I watched the game because it requires context. I also agree with you on Brink. She is too valuable of a player to her team. She has to figure out how to stay on the court.

Reaction Score
I can not wait for the W to add a few more teams. Watching the Wings/Sky game, I can only imagine how good some of these players, like Siegrist, Senechal, or Gondrezick could be if they were getting consistent minutes. Maddy could be an all-star. Same with Gondrezick & Senechal.

Reaction Score
Only saw the first half of Atlanta - LA. Was curious to see how Nurse played after a meh season in Seattle. Man, she came out a lot stronger than I expected with 23 points :). Not sure if she can maintain a 20+ clip but a consistent double digit scorer would be cool. Would also come in handy for the Olympics. :D

Reaction Score
Interesting fact through one game. The top 6 teams in the 2023 standings each won their first game of 2024. The bottom 6 teams from 2023 each lost their first game of 2024.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Yep, Cam’s biggest opponent has long been foul trouble. I love her game otherwise.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
Brink will have to figure out something quick because LA's next opponent is...

Reaction Score
Brinks fouls are also such mental errors. Half the time they come from a shove or a bump in the center of the court for no reason. If they happened when she was defending the post down low that would be one thing but she consistently makes these mental errors and takes herself out of the game. It’s mind numbing to watch.

Reaction Score
I can't wait to watch this game in a few minutes. New York/Indiana. Looking forward to Stewie breaking out and having a monster game.
Great call.

I know they have guard talent but for the life of me I don't understand why Grace Berger is glued to the bench. I'm trying not to get aggy but...

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
She was great until August and the her performance fell off a cliff and has shown no signs of returning. I don’t think it will, this happens to some players. 4 points last night against the Sun isn’t promising either. She’ll struggle to average double figures this year it seems.
She wasn’t more dependable than Sabrina or JJ during the end of the season or the playoffs.
This is the reality of getting older, some may not like it but Stewie is washed. The Liberty are lucky they only have her signed for this season at her salary.
Washed. Straight washed, I tell ya.

Reaction Score
She was great until August and the her performance fell off a cliff and has shown no signs of returning. I don’t think it will, this happens to some players. 4 points last night against the Sun isn’t promising either. She’ll struggle to average double figures this year it seems.
She wasn’t more dependable than Sabrina or JJ during the end of the season or the playoffs.
This is the reality of getting older, some may not like it but Stewie is washed. The Liberty are lucky they only have her signed for this season at her salary.

Maybe she got tired from carrying the team most of the season

WBBTakeover

Reaction Score
Brinks fouls are also such mental errors. Half the time they come from a shove or a bump in the center of the court for no reason. If they happened when she was defending the post down low that would be one thing but she consistently makes these mental errors and takes herself out of the game. It’s mind numbing to watch.
If she doesn't get that cleaned up by Saturday, that's going to be another "lesson" for her.

WBBTakeover

Reaction Score
Washed. Straight washed, I tell ya.
I mean, she did have most of her 40-point games against the Fever and is coming off an 8-point performance against a much, much better defender (Austin).

WBBTakeover

Reaction Score
Not a bad half for Washed up player 8-14, 1-2,3-3 20 pts 6 rebounds and other stats.
I don't think that she's washed, but it's not like she doesn't have one of THE worst defenders in the entire league (NaLyssa Smith) checking her. It's no coincidence that she had most of her 40-point games against the Fever last year.

WBBTakeover

Reaction Score
The Fever have two of the worst defensive players in the league--and neither one of them is named "Caitlin Clark".

Reaction Score
Hmmmm....I thought I should catch this game just to see for myself. I have now clearly seen what the doomsayers who have unequivocally said that Stewie's game is on a steep decline. First half:

20 Points, 8/14, 1/2 from 3
6 Rebounds
1 assist
2 steals
2 blocks (ESPN recorded only 1; she blocked Boston twice, 1 from behind and another time blocked it but kept the ball in play for a teammate to pick up)
And simply all over on defense, in some cases almost going at it stealthily....a few times changing the trajectory of the shooter.

Maybe some people don't like the way she looks: almost pokerfaced, on the verge of looking disinterested but her actions tell you otherwise.

If this is Stewie in steep decline, I say opponents wouldn't want to see the prime Stewie.

But those Libs can't shoot from distance: 2 for 15. Only Stewie has been respectable: 1 for 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom