WNBA 2024 May 2024 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2024 May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
Welp! Becky will relish getting a chance to scream at them in practice for a couple of days without having to take an L.

Good to see Kiki back in the W.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
Not the most efficient shooting night, but 30 points, 13 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocks have the M'VP headed in the right direction for 2024. Hoping to see more efficiency against LA after what should be a couple of rough days of film sessions/practice.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
While all the CC hype is going on the GOAT DT serves notice with 7 threes that she is not done yet. Without Griner Phoenix plays Vegas tough right to the end.

At 42 years old, lets see how her body holds up for the season. Vegas played without Gray.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
ESPN blew it, big time. After all the build up to Clark's first, WNBA game, a potentially large viewing audience, ESPN loses the broadcast in the middle of the second quarter! I don't know when it came back, but not by half time. WNBA was on ESPN2, but ESPN was also out, which had the Bruins Stanley Cup game. No wonder they're losing money. Someone's gonna lose their job.

Reaction Score
ESPN blew it, big time. After all the build up to Clark's first, WNBA game, a potentially large viewing audience, ESPN loses the broadcast in the middle of the second quarter! I don't know when it came back, but not by half time. WNBA was on ESPN2, but ESPN was also out, which had the Bruins Stanley Cup game. No wonder they're losing money. Someone's gonna lose their job.
That must have been a regional issue because I had no problems with the broadcast.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
So I’m watching the Storm/Lynx game and the announcer just indicated that Nika can’t play tonight because of “visa issues?” I knew there was an issue in the preseason game in Canada, but Nika played in the 2nd preseason game in the US. Whatever the issue is, it’s hard for me to believe that the Storm haven’t taken care of the situation.
Since three other international rookies played last night that I counted, I have to assume the problem is one or more of the Storm management; the local CIS office; or the Croatian embassy/consulate.

I’m as cheesed off as anyone about this. Except Nika.

Reaction Score
She was great until August and the her performance fell off a cliff and has shown no signs of returning. I don’t think it will, this happens to some players. 4 points last night against the Sun isn’t promising either. She’ll struggle to average double figures this year it seems.
She wasn’t more dependable than Sabrina or JJ during the end of the season or the playoffs.
This is the reality of getting older, some may not like it but Stewie is washed. The Liberty are lucky they only have her signed for this season at her salary.
3-9, 8pts, 8 rebounds in 32 minutes. Just saying, if this turns out to be right it's one of the great bball analysis I've been a witness to. And Golden State needs your consultation.

Reaction Score
And Phoenix w/out Griner. Perhaps a bigger difference, literally.
On the road a gutsy performance that reveals the depths of the Mercury's problems. With the goat draining threes and the back court playing well Phoenix was able to hang with the Aces for three quarters. Acrs lacking their star guard and inexplicably cold from the perimeter did as much as the Mercury to make this a game.

The fourth quarter really showed the issues with the Mercury as they repeatedly fouled Young and the GOAT's defensive decline became clear. Mercury commit 23 fouls led by DT and Cooper with five each. They also turned the ball over 23 times. This is progress by the new administration and the million dollar coach?

With Chelsea Gray unavailable, the GOAT hitting 7 threes, the Aces ice cold from three land - the Aces win by 9. The rematch will clearly demonstrate regression to the mean with a 20 plus point Ace win.

Like the second day at Gettysburg this will be the high water mark for Phoenix as they end the year 15 games underwater.

Reaction Score
Noteworthy that Stewie's strange slump continued with a 3 of 9 for 8 points performance. She lost her offensive game during the playoffs last season and hasn't found it since...
Have her mechanics changed or is it that her shots just aren't falling? This is a pretty long time just to be a slump.

Reaction Score
Noteworthy that Stewie's strange slump continued with a 3 of 9 for 8 points performance. She lost her offensive game during the playoffs last season and hasn't found it since...
I was watching her play defense. That's slumping too.

Reaction Score
3-9, 8pts, 8 rebounds in 32 minutes. Just saying, if this turns out to be right it's one of the great bball analysis I've been a witness to. And Golden State needs your consultation.
I told y’all.
Have her mechanics changed or is it that her shots just aren't falling? This is a pretty long time just to be a slump.

It’s not a shooting slump and I watched her skills decline in real time last August through September. I thought it was just fatigue heading into the playoffs but her inability to muster any efficiency during the play offs and then again during USA basketball confirmed to me she’s likely lost a step athletically for good. Stewie’s game can’t afford that so I think she’s done for real. I thought she might have a chance if she got stronger during the off-season but she’s to have not done any weight lifting so my guess is last night will be an average game for her.

Reaction Score
So I’m watching the Storm/Lynx game and the announcer just indicated that Nika can’t play tonight because of “visa issues?” I knew there was an issue in the preseason game in Canada, but Nika played in the 2nd preseason game in the US. Whatever the issue is, it’s hard for me to believe that the Storm haven’t taken care of the situation.
It could be more complicated than we think. Talked about it with a friend last night and it also could be due to US immigration rules/policies with respect to her home country. Every country is different . Canadians have a simple form to complete to get their work visa. Other countries, not so much as lotteries could be a factor.

Reaction Score
It was a fun night, but you can't put any evaluation or expectations on any one player after one game. Well, except for Caitlin. I thought she would be the second coming but I cannot believe what a complete bust her pro career has turned out to be. Record for turnovers and a 20 point beat down. Well the hype was fun while it lasted through all of 2 pre-season games.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt Caitlin will be an offensive force once she settles in and cuts down the TOS, assuming the coach continues to giver all that time on the floor. It didn’t look like she deserved it this game considering they have an all star guard on the bench in Kelsey Mitchell. But Caitlin sure looks like a defensive liability to me. I don’t see that changing.

Reaction Score
I told y’all.

It’s not a shooting slump and I watched her skills decline in real time last August through September. I thought it was just fatigue heading into the playoffs but her inability to muster any efficiency during the play offs and then again during USA basketball confirmed to me she’s likely lost a step athletically for good. Stewie’s game can’t afford that so I think she’s done for real. I thought she might have a chance if she got stronger during the off-season but she’s to have not done any weight lifting so my guess is last night will be an average game for her.
Losing a step is understandable as she’s almost 30. But calling her washed still seems pretty premature. She was literally just mvp, no one can decline that rapidly seemingly out of nowhere. Whatever her struggles she just needs to figure it out. Being washed is like Dirk’s last season in the nba, Stewie is def not there. Not saying you’re wrong that we may be seeing a decline, but it’s hard to imagine she played well all season and then lost a step while the playoffs happened and now she’s got no game left. If she sucks all season I’ll agree but I’ll wait and see how things play out before I declare something so bold

Reaction Score
Losing a step is understandable as she’s almost 30. But calling her washed still seems pretty premature. She was literally just mvp, no one can decline that rapidly seemingly out of nowhere. Whatever her struggles she just needs to figure it out. Being washed is like Dirk’s last season in the nba, Stewie is def not there. Not saying you’re wrong that we may be seeing a decline, but it’s hard to imagine she played well all season and then lost a step while the playoffs happened and now she’s got no game left. If she sucks all season I’ll agree but I’ll wait and see how things play out before I declare something so bold
Players certainly decline that rapidly out of no where. It’s rare but certainly not impossible. I made the same argument heading into the playoffs last season and no one believed me. 7 months later Stewie hasn’t done a thing to prove me wrong.

I’d be surprised if her stats this year are much better than Dirks final season but while getting a lot more minutes. It’s unfortunate and sad but I think the games passed her buy physically and mentally. I think she’s at her ceiling right now and will only continue go down without any real accents moving forward.

I’d love to be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#