Wiscy vs Zona | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wiscy vs Zona

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The bright side of this; when the bracket first came out almost immediately I said UConn-Wisconsin for the title.

That possibility is still alive.

Reaction Score
Once again, bad officiating to end the game. Wow. Thought that Wiscy bumped Johnson on that drive.

C'mon man, that was a really really hard call. I wouldn't have wanted to be them. Didn't matter what they said, it was always gonna be wrong.

Reaction Score
Terrible call, but Zona losing all but guaranteed I win my pool. If UConn wins tomorrow there is no possible way I could lose.

Yes, I had UConn in the final four in a rematch with Florida.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
C'mon man, that was a really really hard call. I wouldn't have wanted to be them. Didn't matter what they said, it was always gonna be wrong.
The way they were calling the game at the end of the 2nd half, it should have been a no call.

Reaction Score
The way they were calling the game at the end of the 2nd half, it should have been a no call.

If you throw your arm out there like he did, he's begging for the charge call. I feel like UConn has been hit with a similar call before in the last couple of weeks.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If you throw your arm out there like he did, he's begging for the charge call. I feel like UConn has been hit with a similar call before in the last couple of weeks.
True, but you have to remember it was on the drive. Usually when Shabazz gets called for that, he is going for a step-back or a floater/pull up in the lane.

Regardless, Arizona had a chance to draw up a nice play with 2.3 seconds left and that went to garbage. Miller should have used his TO and drew something better up.

Reaction Score
True, but you have to remember it was on the drive. Usually when Shabazz gets called for that, he is going for a step-back or a floater/pull up in the lane.

Regardless, Arizona had a chance to draw up a nice play with 2.3 seconds left and that went to garbage. Miller should have used his TO and drew something better up.

To not get a shot off with 2.3 to go is inexcusable, but...
The offensive foul call was just plain offensive. Its a no call, there was no position gained or lost. There have been too many games that have come down to crap calls at crunch time, it really is cheapening this tournament. Hope our game isn't decided by the zebras.

Reaction Score
Initial contact on Wisconsin, almost immediately followed by the arm by Johnson - NO CALL would have been proper!

Arizona just can't score the ball enough to be great………..lots of elite athletes that can't shoot it………….

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I really like Wisc and Bo Ryan BUT that offensive call was very questionable - he missed the shot so it probably didn't matter.
That gnat ex Pitt PG Zona coach should have saved his time arguing and instead drawn up a better play
You have to get a shot off at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak