Window Closing for USCar | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Window Closing for USCar

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
UConn will be very good.
Notre Dame will be a better team. Than this year with more experience.
Tennessee adds a pre season AA in DeShields. Size with Russell. A dynamic pg in Cooper.
Maryland will be one of the top teams.
Baylor may be better next year.
I think these are the top teams next year. As far as teams SC will have to compete with. For rankings or championships or Final Fours.

Reaction Score
UConn will be very good.
Notre Dame will be a better team. Than this year with more experience.
Tennessee adds a pre season AA in DeShields. Size with Russell. A dynamic pg in Cooper.
Maryland will be one of the top teams.
Baylor may be better next year.
I think these are the top teams next year. As far as teams SC will have to compete with. For rankings or championships or Final Fours.

Just sayin'-- three of the teams you mentioned--

Tenn, Md, and Baylor-- South Carolina's top three players at worst would be 2/3 and 4th best players on the court. You may argue about Russell- but at least to start with the SC three I mentioned are better than her imo.

Reaction Score
The point is that our highest ranked recruits are currently freshmen and sophomores so to say we have to win it all this year or next or we'll drop way off is ridiculous.
They are a top 10 team. Chemistry will determine where in the the ten. They'll be fine.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Both Baylor and ND had been expected to take steps backward after losing huge impact players, and both have been able to keep pace. This year USC made a big leap from Sweet 16 to Final Four. Now the challenge is can they maintain.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Both Baylor and ND had been expected to take steps backward after losing huge impact players, and both have been able to keep pace. This year USC made a big leap from Sweet 16 to Final Four. Now the challenge is can they maintain.

I actually think we'll be better next season. Our freshman class is our most talented and they will have a year of experience plus we will have several seniors next year, also.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
One; Shay Colley, the top point guard out of Canada and the starting PG on their Jr. National team.
Meh. Canadians can't play basketball....you are doomed. ;)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Meh. Canadians can't play basketball....you are doomed. ;)

We'll give her a hockey puck. :cool: One of our top MBB players is actually from the next city over from her in greater Toronto.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
South Carolina will be great for at least two more years. The question is will the Lady Vols pass them by next year with the addition of Diamond DeShields, Te'a Cooper and the return of Mercedes Russell. I'm presuming Mercedes will be 100% healthy and will be the player that was hyped coming out of High School.

Lady Vols have proven they can recruit nationally. Not sure if Dawn has, but can't see a reason why she won't be able to. South Carolina is probably underrated as a State the produces WBB talent. Dawn has locked the door for the best recruits leaving the State and South Carolina can probably stay relevant just from In-State talent. However to remain a powerhouse team for a decade or longer, South Carolina has to recruit Nationally to get elite players.

Like for Notre Dame 2016 is an important recruiting year for them to remain as one of the elite teams going forward in 2017 and later.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
South Carolina will be great for at least two more years. The question is will the Lady Vols pass them by next year with the addition of Diamond DeShields, Te'a Cooper and the return of Mercedes Russell. I'm presuming Mercedes will be 100% healthy and will be the player that was hyped coming out of High School.

Lady Vols have proven they can recruit nationally. Not sure if Dawn has, but can't see a reason why she won't be able to. South Carolina is probably underrated as a State the produces WBB talent. Dawn has locked the door for the best recruits leaving the State and South Carolina can probably stay relevant just from In-State talent. However to remain a powerhouse team for a decade or longer, South Carolina has to recruit Nationally to get elite players.

Like for Notre Dame 2016 is an important recruiting year for them to remain as one of the elite teams going forward in 2017 and later.

I think Tennessee will be favored for the SEC regular season championship next season unless we play twice. SEC teams don't play all of their conference foes twice and this year the only regular season USC/UT game was in Columbia. If we play once next year it will be in Knoxville; if we play twice then we'll have to see the rest of the schedule for who will be favored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom