Win total this season | The Boneyard

Win total this season

Do Huskies win more than 30 this season?

• Yes

Votes: 70 92.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Sitting at 19 now.

Eight regular season games left, plus very likely three in the Big East Tournament.

If they run the table in the Big East, that gets them ten more to 29. Even if they lose at SC, they would only have to win the first two NCAA games (almost assuredly at Gampel) to get to 31. Their toughest Big East games remaining, Creighton and Villanova, are at home.

So I vote YES.

Reaction Score
Thank goodness you guys added that "Change Vote" feature. Hit the "No" button by accident. Oops!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Korean Drama Wow GIF by iQiyi

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
too bad their four losses were also by double digits........:(
And all of them were ranked in the Top 20 by Massey from the very beginning of the season. Not like many of the ranked teams that have lost so far this year.

Reaction Score
And all of them were ranked in the Top 20 by Massey from the very beginning of the season. Not like many of the ranked teams that have lost so far this year.
very true.....if UConn played two of those teams today there might be a different outcome as Texas has lost their top guard (who scored 27 pts) to injury and UCLA has played poorly recently........

Reaction Score
Sitting at 19 now.

Eight regular season games left, plus very likely three in the Big East Tournament.

If they run the table in the Big East, that gets them ten more to 29. Even if they lose at SC, they would only have to win the first two NCAA games (almost assuredly at Gampel) to get to 31. Their toughest Big East games remaining, Creighton and Villanova, are at home.

So I vote YES.
^^^
^^^ yeah - what they said
^^^

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think we will be very close to 30 wins. We have 20 now, with 6 regular-season games remaining, plus potentially 3 BE Tourney games. If we don't run the table in the regular season, BE Tourney, and 2 NCAA Tourney games in Storrs, this will be a disappointing season. I think we can win 31 or 32, but there will be about 6 challenging games along the way.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
30+ wins means UConn will have to win 2 more games(currently at 29 wins)

Current bracketology has UConn as a 3 seed.
If UConn gets win #30, in the first round, they would be up against a 6/11 ranked winner.
The 4 current #6 CC ranked teams are Duke, Baylor, West Virginia and Louisville.

I am not 100% sure that UConn "will" win that game. They should win that game, but 100%?

Reaction Score
This has to be my favorite, "we're doomed" messages of all time!!! Can't believe that I am the only one who loves it and gets the humor in it....

Soooo very sad!

Thanks for keeping "us" grounded!

Go Huskies!!!

Stay Stellar!

Reaction Score
Wait, you think we would still lose three of four? I believe we would at least split!
NC St is the one team whose performance has suffered since playing UConn and I could see a win against them but not touching South Carolina or the others, especially without Aubrey.........

Reaction Score
Uconn has scored it's 37th 20+ win season and their next win will give Uconn it's 29th 30+ win season in 39 years! Show me another team in college BB team........ Men or Women that has , even close, the same record. When Uconn is playing, I never doubt that they will win until they don't , and thank GOD, that is very few.. I am the "it's possible poster" and MANY times Uconn was supposed to lose according to the Pundits, and they won. I don't have any statistics, but I BELIEVE Uconn has the best won/loss record against NO. 1 and NO. 2 teams in head to head contests. I'm sure some one will come up with the total. GO FRESHMEN!!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Uconn has scored it's 37th 20+ win season and their next win will give Uconn it's 29th 30+ win season in 39 years! Show me another team in college BB team........ Men or Women that has , even close, the same record. When Uconn is playing, I never doubt that they will win until they don't , and thank GOD, that is very few.. I am the "it's possible poster" and MANY times Uconn was supposed to lose according to the Pundits, and they won. I don't have any statistics, but I BELIEVE Uconn has the best won/loss record against NO. 1 and NO. 2 teams in head to head contests. I'm sure some one will come up with the total. GO FRESHMEN!!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!

30+ in 39 years is an amazing stat.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Two of those less than 30 win seasons were during COVID. The 2019-20 season the NCAA Tournament was canceled because of COVID, if the tournament had been played they would have won at least their first game and most likely a few more. During the 2020-21 season UConn had I believe at least 3 if not four games canceled due to COVID or like in the SC game it was canceled so SC could play a needed conference game. I believe it was against Mississippi State. Geno could have been a stickler and insisted that SC play the game or the other teams forfeit, like some coaches did, but he didn't. If COVID hadn't happened I believe that UConn would still have their 30+ win streak intact.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom