Williams Confident She Has A Shot | The Boneyard

Williams Confident She Has A Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/williams-confident-that-she-has-a-shot/

A little thing going on with the non-operated knee too; seems to be a nit.

Two things she said that really got my attention.............

1. “This year it’s more about me being ready to get after it. Coming back is not about learning anything. I know what I have to do now. I know my role. So I’m just ready to get after it.”

2. And now that I know our offense (the plays), I know what kind of shots Mo wants, where Mo wants the ball, where Stewie wants the pass and that kind of thing. How to play with Morgan (Tuck) and Kia. Now it is easier for us to play with each other instead of all of us just going one-on-one. That is all mental and has nothing to do with athleticism.”

Remember two years ago when KML missed 12 games due to injury and sickness? Remember they replaced her in the starting line-up with Chong and Banks?
Remember how the offense failed to "flow" with Banks and Chong in there?

When I read that Gabby is now comfortable being on the floor, that she knows the offense, and knows her role, and where her teammates like the ball, that's music to my ears!! :) THAT ladies and gentlemen means that she has arrived! The offense won't bog down when she's in there, and she won't interrupt anyone's "flow".

Gabby has so much "upside", it's scary. That's not the kind of news UConn's scheduled opponents want to hear coming out of their camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom