Will Wade out at LSU

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Season isn't even over.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Not really knowing the up to date details, but isnt this long overdue? Like this could of and should have happened like 2+ years ago?
Yes. This is a byproduct of the NCAA dragging its feet and conducting multi-year investigations. They didn't force LSU to act until now.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I know they just returned the notice but seems interesting to not wait until the tournament ends. Maybe they felt like they couldn’t or didn’t want him to build any support by going on a run, but I also wonder if someone is about to drop a brutal investigative article. Although on the other hand, not sure how much worse an article could be than what’s already known.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised he's fired, but pretty surprised it happened right before the NCAA tournament

Reaction Score
Tough break for Wade. There are some schools where that many level 1 violations gets you a lifetime deal.
Well one of those schools is LSU. So the report from the NCAA must be really, really bad. As expected though.

According to an NCAA notice of allegations that was obtained by ESPN on Saturday through an open records request, there are eight Level I violation allegations in LSU's notice. Seven of those are alleged to be tied to the men's basketball program. One of those is specifically football, and the two sports share an allegation that the "institution failed to exercise institutional control and monitor the conduct and administration of its football and men's basketball programs."

Reaction Score
Well one of those schools is LSU. So the report from the NCAA must be really, really bad. As expected though.

According to an NCAA notice of allegations that was obtained by ESPN on Saturday through an open records request, there are eight Level I violation allegations in LSU's notice. Seven of those are alleged to be tied to the men's basketball program. One of those is specifically football, and the two sports share an allegation that the "institution failed to exercise institutional control and monitor the conduct and administration of its football and men's basketball programs."

Dellenger has a good thread w/ detail here:

Reaction Score
I’m shocked, shocked to find out that there is gambling going on in here. LSU dragged firing this guy out as long as they could, they’ve been aware of his conduct for years, same is true for all the recruits who chose LSU knowing the axe was coming.

Reaction Score
Not really knowing the up to date details, but isnt this long overdue? Like this could of and should have happened like 2+ years ago?
If I remember correctly, when all this initially broke, they renegotiated his deal to allow them to fire him without any buyout if an NOA was received. Feels like everyone knew it was coming, this was just what they were waiting for.

Reaction Score
Didn’t Bill Self get something written in his lifetime contract about violations?
It said he couldn’t be fired for any current or future violations—-or something almost that ridiculous.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I'm kind of surprised honestly. LSU had a pretty good year and it seems like they were just ignoring all the violations. I thought Wade was going to just keep on going like nothing ever happened.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
With NIL this means almost nothing at this point

All this is just done through an intermediary now

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Saw a few minutes of an LSU/Kentucky game. Could not believe how lethargic LSU was and one player trying to be The Man and it wasn't working.

Kentucky was not good, either, that night. But better than LSU.

Reaction Score
I know they just returned the notice but seems interesting to not wait until the tournament ends. Maybe they felt like they couldn’t or didn’t want him to build any support by going on a run, but I also wonder if someone is about to drop a brutal investigative article. Although on the other hand, not sure how much worse an article could be than what’s already known.
They’re going to fire him for cause to save a boatload of money. Tough to do that if they let him continue to coach. That said, I wouldn’t have put it past L$U to do the opposite and let him coach.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They’re going to fire him for cause to save a boatload of money. Tough to do that if they let him continue to coach. That said, I wouldn’t have put it past L$U to do the opposite and let him coach.
Nah, the NCAA did what it did to get Wade fired before the Dance. If LSU kept him the penalties would have been much worse.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I imagine LSU would be more than willing to let basketball take a bigger hit in order to lessen the hit on their football program. I think the only punishment that would bother them would be one that bans them for a year or two from postseason play in football. They'll sacrifice a couple basketball seasons to avoid that in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
Wow. Several of these violations occur in 2020 2-3 years after the Dawkins tapes et al. What a ballsy scumbag to keep doing this stuff AFTER disclosure of the "strong ass offer". AND, he hasn't cooperated, AND they have texts of him paying off a player ex-fiancee for silence, RECENTLY. Most scumbags would run for the hills when exposed. This guy doubles down

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom