Will Shaka get in trouble for this? | The Boneyard

Will Shaka get in trouble for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I liked Shaka Smart before, but reading these comments makes me like him even more. The whole conference d*** measuring contest that coaches like Boeheim and K (yeah, Calhoun was guilty too to an extent) engage in every single year gets tiresome. K has no place to be calling out the A-10 when the ACC was largely an embarrassment (relative to expectations) in the non-conference. Hell, the team that just ran through their league at 19-2 didn't beat one tournament team OOC.

Reaction Score
I hope Mel Johnson (out in A-10 final) is available for VCU on Friday and they make a run. Really like Shaka on that front (link above regarding K).

UConn has the ability to make a real statement also and play with a chip. I think they will.

Reaction Score
Awesome. Old ratface needs to shutbit snd retire. No need having his kind in this sport any more.

Reaction Score
If anything, the A10 was a beneficiary of the ACC's backroom dealing.

Reaction Score
right on, Shaka.
I like how he took the high road AND didn't refer to coack K by name or even as coach, instead calling him "a Duke guy."

Reaction Score
Always liked Shaka and after these comments like him even more. I am glad that there is someone out there not afraid to speak against the "infallible" Coach K, he not kissing his rings like most others are and it good to see. He is totally correct in saying that K shouldn't be sticking his nose into other conferences.

Reaction Score
On the contrary ...

I have no respect for the 9 guys on that committee. That push for NC State & downgrade of the AAC higher tier is just low grade political crap. Contemptible.

I find the A10 a good league. And clearly the prime beneficiary of the BE flirting off in 5 directions.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Both these coaches need to clam it and talk about their teams and league
The jerk from Duke is in reality embarrassed by the ACC this year
Smart should realize that many teams in the A10 would not fair well in any of the power leagues including the "lowly" AAC
I hope both teams flame out early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22