Will Jackson Commits To UConn!!!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Jackson Commits To UConn!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the Crystal Ball had him 50/50 between us and Kansas... hope this trend continues in favor of UCONN, however I got to think now that this helps Kansas with Jalen Adams which also seems to have gone down to either Kansas or Uconn

Reaction Score
yawn. Wake me up when we get a high rated big man.

Well this should allow KO to put all of his effort into finding that big man, so this should make you happy regardless

Reaction Score
Well this should allow KO to put all of his effort into finding that big man, so this should make you happy regardless
at which time I will be happy. I love KO but I see us turning into Villanova 2.0

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
AJC88 said:
at which time I will be happy. I love KO but I see us turning into Villanova 2.0
Even with brimah and Nolan now and Lubin coming in next year?

Reaction Score
Awesome news. Now it's time to lock up a good big man.

On another note, is it safe to say Jackson will fall out of ESPN's top 100 the next time they update their rankings?

That's a safe bet, and he has no shot to play in the burger game now.

Reaction Score
the Crystal Ball had him 50/50 between us and Kansas... hope this trend continues in favor of UCONN, however I got to think now that this helps Kansas with Jalen Adams which also seems to have gone down to either Kansas or Uconn

Actually, the UConn vote came earlier tonight. Hardly a vote at all.

Reaction Score
Quoted for posterity just in case this idiot actually realizes he's an idiot.
you're right, me not sucking Ollie's d over every single move makes me an idiot.
Brimah is exciting but a liability on both ends and can't stay on the floor. Nolan has had 2 good games this season. Lubin is what, 6'6" and a 3 star?...

Reaction Score
@ReggieRankin: 2015 G Will Jackson just confirmed by text his commitment to UCONN says style of play, tradition and coaching staff is good people was why!

Reaction Score
From Scout:
"I just committed to Connecticut," Jackson told Scout.com.

"They have great tradition, he added. "It's a great school. The coaches are great people. I love everything about it."

"I've been thinking about it," Jackson said. All the questions and coaches calling, I didn't see a reason to wait when I know where I want to go to."

"Coach Ollie has been contacting me since the 9th grade," he said. "He has a great relationship with my mother. He's a Christian man. He really cares and I like what he does. I like the intensity he brings."

Reaction Score
you're right, me not sucking Ollie's d over every single move makes me an idiot.

Brimah is exciting but a liability on both ends and can't stay on the floor. Nolan has had 2 good games this season. Lubin is what, 6'6" and a 3 star?...

getting a top 30 player is a big statement. How many big men have great freshman seasons? and if they do how many don't immediately jump to the NBA?

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
No you're an idiot because most normal college basketball fans would be really excited to get a commit from the #7 PG in the country who is a consensus top 30-40 player overall. Oh yeah, and he has good size for a PG, something that has been lacking for years now. But please by all means go on being a miserable .

Reaction Score
We will need a big man for 2015 for depth and maybe even if we get a good one to start. Two years from now, Nolan will be a Senior and Brimah and Facey will be Juniors, and then Lubin....It is good to have good players in all classes, so that you can try and eliminate down years....What is crazy is last year we lost Drummond, Oriakhi, Roscoe and Lamb and still won 20 games and people be giving ollie crap...please!

Reaction Score
No you're an idiot because most normal college basketball fans would be really excited to get a commit from the #7 PG in the country who is a consensus top 30-40 player overall. Oh yeah, and he has good size for a PG, something that has been lacking for years now. But whatever, please go being a miserable .
haha ok tough guy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

It's always good to kick over the apple carts of some pretty highly regarded programs.

It really is pretty remarkable - for a half-decade, we were dying to get some size in the backcourt and now every time Ollie throws a rock, it hits a 6'3" point guard.

Rodney Purvis is 6'4", 205. Terrence Samuel is 6'4", 190. Sam Cassell is 6'3", 180. Prince Ali is 6'4", 190. Will Jackson is 6'4", 190....that's a lot of size in the backcourt.

Reaction Score
KO's vision for how he wants his teams to look is really starting to take shape. Long and athletic backcourt with Jackson and Ali, another long player at the SF position in DHam but not the ballhandling liability that we've seen with some of the other 6'7"-6'8" guys we've seen in the past, and more long and rangy athletic bigs in Brimah, Facey, and Nolan. Now we're just one high level big man away from putting together a stellar class.

Reaction Score

UCONN leads the AAC in rebounding and rebounding margin... take the time to actually learn basketball... this way other people don't have to waste time pointing out how dumb your comments sound

Reaction Score
Calling brimah a liability on defense makes you sound idiotic. He's our 2nd best defensive player and has already blocked a ton of shots.

Reaction Score
UCONN leads the AAC in rebounding and rebounding margin... take the time to actually learn basketball... this way other people don't have to waste time pointing out how dumb your comments sound
Our leading rebounder is a 6'0 point guard. Time to look past the numbers and watch a basketball game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom