Will Jackson Commits To UConn!!!!!! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Will Jackson Commits To UConn!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
So you don't think DD can go 15 and 7 and the triple headed monster of centers can go 10-7? That's not even figuring in Gif's numbers. Nobody considered Jake and KFree great. They were very good and we aren't far off now from being very good.
I agree with the numbers, but our three-headed monster crew is very unreliable. We could use a banger like Adrien who could reel in double double's like it was breakfast. I don't see any of our bigs doing that. And the stats may equal a double double, but it doesn't equal the presence an Adrien or a Freeman had on the floor.

Reaction Score
Haha, he's only a 3 star on ESPN. For some reason, ESPN must be behind, because everywhere else he is close to top 30.
ESPN's recruiting service is by far the worst of the major sites.

Reaction Score
Googled Turtle Jackson:

oY7gwZ0.jpg

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I agree with the numbers, but our three-headed monster crew is very unreliable. We could use a banger like Adrien who could reel in double double's like it was breakfast. I don't see any of our bigs doing that. And the stats may equal a double double, but it doesn't equal the presence an Adrien or a Freeman had on the floor.
Not sure how Adrien figures in. Our biggest difference with this team vs any of the three NC teams is that we don't have a wing, SG who is NBA caliber. 99 had Rip, 04 had Gordon, 11 had Lamb. After Napier, we don't have that small court player that is NBA ready. Maybe DD at the 4 fills that void. It's just a different team entirely that will have to have those bigs step up if we are to go deep.

Not sure what any of this has to with Jackson committing.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I'm at every game. You and your internet friends can come find me, I sit two rows behind Mrs. Napier.
Let's see, five minutes after saying you were done with this thread, here you are again. Short term memory loss?

Reaction Score
Ga Tech fan here...congrats on the commit. Has big time potential and can play the 1 or 2.

On the ESPN ranking...he didn't play at all last summer so I am assuming that is why they don't have him rated high. Scout, 247 and Rivals left him in there top 50. He runs with the GA Stars so we'll see how he does this summer. He has been putting up big time stats so far this year for Athens Christian but has been against weak competition.

Reaction Score
I want him more than any recruit in 2015.
Moore is big time and has been improved drastically in the past year. According to his Dad he has visits set up to OSU, Louisville, GT, Texas, Illinois and maybe Kansas. No clue on his recruitment though.

Reaction Score
It sounds like Ollie is enamored -- rightly so -- with these tall guards much like himself!

Whether or not we use it in an attacking, press-style of defense, it will make life a lot more difficult for opposing backcourts. There'll be a lot less of guys just hitting 3's right over an "outstretched" 5'10 wingspan.

Hopefully with that size they still have the ballhandling and lateral quickness to boot.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I like this sentence here:

"I talked to some coaches already," said Jackson, who plans to study business. "They said they're still going to recruit me until I sign on the dotted line."

I thought he was talking about coaches at other schools that are recruiting him. They said they won't stop recruiting him until he signs on the dotted line with uconn.

Reaction Score
Said this about social media in a Rivals article:

"I don't do any social media," Jackson stated bluntly. "I don't see any need for it really. I just stick to the basics I don't do Twitter or Instagram or any of that. Plus little kids look up to you and I wouldn't want to post anything stupid."

Reaction Score
Awesome news. Glad to see KO is rebounding after that awful short-term deal from Manuel killed his ability to recruit last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom