Will Evans start on Senior Day? | The Boneyard

Will Evans start on Senior Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kind of random question to pose now but I was thinking about it. Some schools start their seniors on Senior Day, a tradition Geno sure follows but JC never seemed to care for. What do you guys think KO does?

Reaction Score
Why not? We're not playing for anything this season (unless by slim chance the BE regular season title is on the line) and Evans has selflessly given his heart and soul to this team even though he knew there was nothing to aim for.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm definitely all for him getting the start. I'm sure Bazz and/or Boat would happily spend the first few minutes on the bench for RJ. I hope KO will do the right thing. Unlike PP who didn't get Blaise Driscoll any snaps even in garbage time.:mad:

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I think KO will probably follow that tradition but I'm not sure what he'll do with Evans. He's a 5th year player and is staying at the school (and might even stay with the team as a graduate assistant after this year.)

Reaction Score
As a 5th year senior does it mean he already has his degree? If so then, no.

Having nobody could put some useless pressure on Bazz to rep next year.

Reaction Score
He should start. No question. We are a family. Would be surprised if he doesn't. Actually had this very conversation a few days ago. He starts. And lose the time-out chairs.

Reaction Score
He's not a senior, he's a grad student. I completely disagree with the concept that he should start because of senior day. I'm sure he had his own senior day when he got his undergrad, WHEN HE WAS ACTUALLY A SENIOR.

Reaction Score
He's not a senior, he's a grad student. I completely disagree with the concept that he should start because of senior day. I'm sure he had his own senior day when he got his undergrad, WHEN HE WAS ACTUALLY A SENIOR.
Disagree. Only year yes. Senior day. Everyone is not a senior their last year. I think it would mean something to him and I think he DESERVES it. I am an over emotional Husky fan. Can't help it!

Reaction Score
I am so grateful that I am not a closed minded, rigid tool. Let the kid have his couple of minutes in the spotlight to start his last home game. Every kid should be honored for their contributions at their last home game.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I hope so. The last time a bench player got to start on Senior Day was when Boo Willingham did it in 1995 and played for 1:19 before Travis Knight came in.

Reaction Score
I am so grateful that I am not a closed minded, rigid tool. Let the kid have his couple of minutes in the spotlight to start his last home game. Every kid should be honored for their contributions at their last home game.

If you have to resort to calling people names on a message board because of their opinion, I think you may be.

Reaction Score
RJ Evans is a senior in terms of basketball eligibility. That's good enough for me and probably good enough for Coach Ollie. I would be surprised if they did not honor him in the ceremony on senior day.

Reaction Score
So what do you think? Can he start now?

Reaction Score
I've been very critical of RJ's play this year, but does it UConn or RJ any injustice's if not starting him. From all I've heard, he's been a positive addition to the team. Let him start. It's a feel good story, it has no impact on post season or anything like that.

Reaction Score
Wow, I wasn't expecting this thread to have such a different interpretation when I started it.

Reaction Score
I think you ought to do it.

UNC starts their seniors every year on senior night. This includes the senior walk-ons. This tradition doesn't change, regardless of the opponent or the importance of the game. Keep in mind that every year UNC's final game is either vs dook or at dook. Which means that every other year, UNC is starting seniors off the end of the bench in a game against dook.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Count me in the camp to start him.

Reaction Score
I think you ought to do it.

UNC starts their seniors every year on senior night. This includes the senior walk-ons. This tradition doesn't change, regardless of the opponent or the importance of the game. Keep in mind that every year UNC's final game is either vs dook or at dook. Which means that every other year, UNC is starting seniors off the end of the bench in a game against dook.
I am all for starting all seniors who are experiencing their first senior day, but players who come for 1 year after already having one? Not so much.

It will not bother me either way, but if it was up to me I wouldn't start him just because its senior day if he went through senior day last year.

Also, lets cut the "Evan's is so selfless crap." The kid came to get his masters for free and play 1 more year of ball at the higher level of competition.

Reaction Score
I think you should start RJ, it's my personal opinion that seniors should start on senior day. With that being said, there's still a possibility than Bazz might not even be healthy for Saturday's game, in which RJ would be the next starter either way.

Reaction Score
I am all for starting all seniors who are experiencing their first senior day, but players who come for 1 year after already having one? Not so much.

It will not bother me either way, but if it was up to me I wouldn't start him just because its senior day if he went through senior day last year.

Also, lets cut the "Evan's is so selfless crap." The kid came to get his masters for free and play 1 more year of ball at the higher level of competition.

The 2011 senior day game for UNC was against dook and the ACC regular season championship was on the line. UNC started 3 walk-on seniors and Justin Knox. Justin Knox was a post grad transfer from Alabama and that was his one year at UNC.

Reaction Score
The 2011 senior day game for UNC was against dook and the ACC regular season championship was on the line. UNC started 3 walk-on seniors and Justin Knox. Justin Knox was a post grad transfer from Alabama and that was his one year at UNC.
Knox actually left Alabama with a year of eligibility left and did not participate in Bama's senior day as he was not a "senior." Different situation then Evans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom