Why The Selection Committee is a Joke | The Boneyard

Why The Selection Committee is a Joke

Reaction Score
Bubba just came on CBS Sports and said that the committee does not have a set standard of metrics to base their selections and rankings on.

Each committee member is allowed to choose their selections for their own, completely biased reasons.

He can’t answer if # of Quad 1 wins vs. bad losses matters more. He said “I wish it was that simple and easy to do.”

Wow.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If the extent fans take the selection process seriously is 100, then the Committee works at about a 14 level. They just don't care about screening resumes to the degree they claim. They work on the 4 #1's and about 10 bubble teams. The rest are thrown in to their slots early in the week.

If chalk held in these conference tournaments, then this bracket makes a lot more sense ( IAST as the second best team in the B12, Auburn 5th in the SEC, Illinois the 2nd/3rd in the B1G, FAU as the best AAC team and SDST as a random MW team.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Today, the chairman said it was about "mileage", thus keeping teams closer to home.

Seriously, I've seen the committee members be contortionists over the years, but that has to be one of the dumbest things I ever heard and something I've never heard them talk about before, "mileage"

Not the strongest one gets the weakest two, nope, "mileage"

Idiots

The Big East was represented by the Butler AD. That peabrain was drawn and quartered

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The East bracket is also known as the Bracket of Conference Champions

Awesome baby

Truth be told, I don't care, but the committee members are still idiots. Oblivious to their mistakes and misdoings

We're good, bring it on baby

Reaction Score
Today, the chairman said it was about "mileage", thus keeping teams closer to home.

Seriously, I've seen the committee members be contortionists over the years, but that has to be one of the dumbest things I ever heard and something I've never heard them talk about before, "mileage"

Idiots

The Big East was represented by the Butler AD. That peabrain was drawn and quartered
I’m imaging the committee has all the power conferences at a large conference room table, and the Big East and others are just sitting in chairs around the outside of the room just trying to get a word in edgewise while being ignored.

Reaction Score

Idiots

It makes sense if he was asked about teams being physically placed in Brooklyn. It makes absolutely no sense in answering the question he was asked. I guess he couldn’t say they were on their knees, blowing the football conferences.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Idiots

UConn is a big university with a lot of recent success that won’t get much love from the representatives from small conferences.

And it’s obvious this committee is not inordinately represented by math nerds.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m imaging the committee has all the power conferences at a large conference room table, and the Big East and others are just sitting in chairs around the outside of the room just trying to get a word in edgewise while being ignored.
Yes. Probably sitting in those little kindergarten chairs.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
They could get rid of the bubble and arbitrariness altogether by having something like a set winning% of say 55% against a schedule meeting a fixed standard number of D1 opponents and the team is in. Would add one round I believe. All that “selection day” would be is a seeding determination. CT high school kinda of like that. Maybe continue to include conference tourney champs that might happen to fall outside the normal qualifier. Would be the last nail in the NIT coffin

Reaction Score
The Committee's problem isn't that they don't watch the games, it's that they don't care to do a thorough job.

Anyone who's participated in anything like this knows that once something is "close enough," which they probably had on Friday, they weren't going to do the work unless absolutely forced to.

Reaction Score
Bubba just came on CBS Sports and said that the committee does not have a set standard of metrics to base their selections and rankings on.

Each committee member is allowed to choose their selections for their own, completely biased reasons.

He can’t answer if # of Quad 1 wins vs. bad losses matters more. He said “I wish it was that simple and easy to do.”

Wow.
Uconn heres your top overall seed with 4 top ten kp teams, 4 conference tourney winners and 2 final 4 teams from last season. Enjoy. No bias here. I will absolutely slap chop anyone in person that tells me there is no Uconn bias. Committee chairman said teams get put in brackets closest to their home. So i guess Durham is closer to Dallas than it is to brooklyn and Louisiana is closer to brooklyn than it is to Dallas. Duke shouldve been the 4 in the east. Recently I said Duke should be in the east but the committee wont let it happen as to not let Duke get embarrassed on national tv by Uconn so theyll get sent somewhere else. Like clockwork.

Reaction Score
If you want to use another metric championship odds, our region features #1, #6, #8, and #13.

Not exactly balanced.

Reaction Score
I don't care who we play, but we should've gotten the lowest # 2 seed in our bracket, not the top one. I really wanted a chance at UNC if we make the final, but we'd play them in Final Four. You'd think the NCAA would consider TV ratings and at least try to set up a UConn vs UNC final, not a UConn vs Purdue or Houston final.

Reaction Score
All I see is how much Brooklyn and Boston games will be home for us. I love this bracket. Who are we supposed to be scared of in our bracket, and why? Our fans will own our bracket.
Nobody

The “committee” is a farce as usual…..the dope they sent out to explain the choices had NO IDEA why they were made, and sounded like a blithering idiot talking about “mileage” ….

But who cares

Just win

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
EAA94AB3-33C3-4026-88A2-BFEFE3E4A960.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads