Why Rutgers is on the Bubble ? | The Boneyard

Why Rutgers is on the Bubble ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Nuts, another brain-dead RPI-based article. Clueless. Yes, USF is the likely successor to Louisville as the #2 team in the AAC since they are #3 this year and have a #32 rating in Sagarin that is well ahead of many P5 teams that are expected to waltz into the tourney.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Didn't bother reading the article but the issue is obviously not a stronger OOC but a better selection of crap teams as I posted elsewhere. The bubble teams that Charlie says are getting in vs the bubble teams that he has dropped out didn't play a better OOC but rather a smarter one with teams that have higher win percentages than those selected by AAC teams. And the really bas AAC teams need to play a terrible OOC so they come into league play with a gaudy 12-0 record like Georgia and Arkansas did in the SEC - then beating them doesn't hurt the beater teams RPIs since at worst they will come in as 50% win percentage.

Reaction Score
As a top 25 team they should be in. No excuse why a team ending the season in the top 25 should not be in

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
As a top 25 team they should be in. No excuse why a team ending the season in the top 25 should not be in
They're not top 25 anymore, as they fell out to #30 in the AP and they get no votes in the Coaches. USF is #38 in Coaches.

Reaction Score
Bubble team as far as the tournament goes? I'd say that USF would go farther and probably deserves a spot more as of now.

As far as next season ? Rutgers could battle for #2 or even #1 depending on what UCONN is like if they get a good power forward or someone steps up.

Reaction Score
Bubble team as far as the tournament goes? I'd say that USF would go farther and probably deserves a spot more as of now.

As far as next season ? Rutgers could battle for #2 or even #1 depending on what UCONN is like if they get a good power forward or someone steps up.

Next year Rutgers will be in The Big Ten!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No way is RU a bubble team. It's just brain dead writers vomiting up the same old crap regarding RPI, which is becoming a joke to anyone with more than half a brain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom