Why is Desmond Conner sure Pasqualoni will be back? | The Boneyard

Why is Desmond Conner sure Pasqualoni will be back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because Warde said so during an impromptu, one-off discussion they had while they happened to cross paths in the airport. Sarcasm off

Reaction Score
His stock has really fell through the floor this season. He is as bad as Courchesne now.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If you think Des would be better off publicly calling Warde a liar, you are crazy.

Warde told Des not this season. It's as simple as that. That doesn't mean that Warde isn't free to change his mind. Do people really think the Boneyard is the only place with smart people in the room? Everyone sees the product on the fields and knows that it's pretty bad.

Warde : Not gonna happen this season, Dez.
Dez : Nah man, but really...
Warde : Not gonna happen this season.
Dez : Yeah, but the Boneyard is saying that you aren't telling me the truth.
Warde : Nice talking to you, Dez. Piss off.

What the ??????

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't know Dez from a hole in the wall. But any ire directed at him is wasted and misdirected. He's some how derelict in his job because he isn't leading the mob with a torch and pitchfork? Please.

Reaction Score
If you think Des would be better off publicly calling Warde a liar, you are crazy.

Warde told Des not this season. It's as simple as that. That doesn't mean that Warde isn't free to change his mind. Do people really think the Boneyard is the only place with smart people in the room? Everyone sees the product on the fields and knows that it's pretty Fecunditying bad.

Warde : Not gonna happen this season, Dez.
Dez : Nah man, but really...
Warde : Not gonna happen this season.
Dez : Yeah, but the Boneyard is saying that you aren't telling me the truth.
Warde : Nice talking to you, Dez. Piss off.

What the Fecunditying Fecundity??????
I hear ya' Mike. Des has as much insight into Warde's process as we do. I don't get how he can be so 100% unequivocally sure that PP will be back though

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't know Dez from a hole in the wall. But any ire directed at him is wasted and misdirected. He's some how derelict in his job because he isn't leading the mob with a torch and pitchfork? Please.
I think Dez is an easy target for UConn fans to take out their frustration with the team.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Let's say (pray) that Warde changes his mind and fires this staff pronto.

That would make Dez... wrong? Who cares? His positon is based on the word straight from the horses mouth, and we all know that that can change. Not worth getting worked up over.

Dez says "Not happenin" on twitter. Let's remove the 140 character limit, right? That becomes "Well I'd really be pretty surprised if that happened, because Warde was pretty emphatic about not going there right now. Then again, that was before Temple and Cuse."

Reaction Score
It's not just Des who thinks he's safe for now. The "others" are pretty much in lock step on the firing part. But there are clearly media folks who have lost the blue viewing lenses over the past few weeks.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the issue is not what dez says by saying P is here for another year or w/e he claims. its that some horde members still aren't seeing what this fanbase and other horde memebrs are seeing. a few of them came around last night and i think its a combination of the fans going nuts and the bad play. together those 2 woke some of the horde up. the issue is dez was "shocked" last night for example. that shows he has his blinders on. P was great at Cuse for years so i'm sure dez has a warm spot for him just like he plays favorites with certain players on the team etc.

the reason we all get fed up is becuase Dez recently was outlet #1 for uconn news, he worked his butt off i asume to get to that point. but hes flushing it all away this fall by tweeting about food, politics and how P is working on things. hes not asking the tuff qestions and not really understanding the fanbase emotions and opinion wise. hes getting more cocky or outgoing in his responses and its wearing thin on a fanbase that isn't happy to begin with. i'm not sure why hes doing all this. if he thinks P is staying, thats fine. its his opinion, but back it up with why. doesn't have to be secret person #2 told me blah blah buit say becuase xyz in a write up or something try to sell us. but then try to see the fans side of why we dont agree. hes not.

Reaction Score
As a reporter all Dez can go by is what he was told by Manuel. Manuel isn't going to say anything about firings or hirings unless they are at a presser or in a press release. Dez can just report the facts..which he did in his article today. I thought his stance was pretty easy to read this morning. It is Jacobs' job to do what he did today...he is a columnist like John Feinstein is...he is the guy who called for Edsall's head in the Washington Post last year. I hope we see Jacobs ramping up the pressure if this on field product continues though. I'm sure Pres. Herbst got a call from Larry McHugh and Tom Ritter this morning after they read the paper, if not last night. And I'm sure Herbst and Manuel spoke last night or this morning as well.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Desmond Conner@desmondconner
No“@huskies1973: @desmondconner You know this team better then anyone else. Do you think they quit last night on this coaching staff.”

here is a great example. we have read several write ups this morning from horde ppl that clearly admit or talk about the players packing it in. then dez says that in answer to a question. blinders, quick answer like dont bother me etc...

if u dont think so then say "no, i dont think so. i saw this that..." its twitter so i realize its going to be short but come on, engage the fans. dont treat them like your so far above that they only get simple, sarcastic answers and nothing else.

lets not even get into the blinders part of it....

Reaction Score
Dez still thinks George Bush #41 isn't going to raise taxes.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think Dez is an easy target for UConn fans to take out their frustration with the team.

Agree with this. Dez has an opinion that UConn fans don't want to hear. He's paid to connect the fans with the team and to state his opinion. Getting so upset over one man's opinion is beyond silly. That angst is better directed at the players and coaching staff...you know, the guys who actually are responsible for on-field results.

Reaction Score
"things are under control here in New Orleans after Katrina made landfall".

Reaction Score
This Dez comment was based on one moment.

This Football Program is deteriorating rapidly. Temple. Syracuse. Those are dominos telling you that the coming games are going to be a tougher spot to be competitive. We could see three more 30 point losses. And, we're not the Chicago Cubs: our fan base won't be there as the losses & hopelessness builds.

Might damage this Program for a long time. We will find out a lot about Warde Manual here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom