Why I Absolutely Love Moriah Jefferson... | The Boneyard

Why I Absolutely Love Moriah Jefferson...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She was completely in charge and control of the game last night. Whether she was at the point or moving someone into the point she was completely in control and driving the Koenigsegg One and everyone knew it.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I remain (as does my wife...she confided to me this AM) in fear of her getting mugged by some frustrated opponent.
She's not very big or strong, you know

And some down hair or pony-tail whatever, seems not to matter at all this season

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
By the way, she seems to have let out all the stops on her drives to the rim -- she has moved beyond orthodoxy and simply uses whichever hand, and whichever launch leg--that gets the ball up onto the glass in the least amount of time, from any angle. (Given an extra split second she still uses the 'proper' hand and launch leg from both sides.)

To make this worthwhile you have to really EXPLODE to the rim so as to take advantage of that extra split second. It also requires extra body control because you're sometimes going to have to roll your body in order to use that hand, especially if you're doing a reverse layup, as Mo did effortlessly several times last night (while rolling).

Mo is now the sensei of the explosive layup, from all angles and in all permutations.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I remain (as does my wife...she confided to me this AM) in fear of her getting mugged by some frustrated opponent.

And some down hair or pony-tail whatever, seems not to matter at all this season

Big, no, strong, Moriah is very strong.

Reaction Score
Simply put, this could be the year that the NPOY award voting ends in a tie. Stewie and Mo are playing superior basketball and if it continues the entire season, both will deserve the award. Last time it was this close was when Maya and Tina battled for it. I can't imagine this team playing without either of them. Great debate going on the tread "Does Mo Replace Sue on the Starting Five". Lots of good points of view for both Sue and Mo.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
There five NPOY awards, as well as the Honda:

AP
Wooden
Naismith
Wade
USBWA

Stewie clean swept last season, but she had to share the season before (Odyssey Sims won the Wade, Chiney won the Wooden, Stewie won the other three). In 2010, Maya won the Wade and Tina won the AP. I think there's a very good chance history repeats itself...if, of course, Mo and Stewie have the seasons we expect them to have.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score

Ah, but you ignore the fact that she is constructed entirely of stainless steel springs tightly wrapped in genuine India rubber.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Moriah outran the vaunted OSU backcourt on at least one fast break last night. It reminded me of the SC game last year, when she outran 9 other players over 94' and did so by a good 10'. The fastest person with the ball other than maybe John Wall or Calvin Murphy.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I was very pleased to see Saniya dressed and actually playing last night. I want my Moriah frosty come March. I hope the IT Band thing is behind Saniya and she prospers this year. I also liked the way Courtney handled the ball last night. Guards who give breathers are a valuable asset.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
By the way, she seems to have let out all the stops on her drives to the rim -- she has moved beyond orthodoxy and simply uses whichever hand, and whichever launch leg--that gets the ball up onto the glass in the least amount of time, from any angle. (Given an extra split second she still uses the 'proper' hand and launch leg from both sides.)

To make this worthwhile you have to really EXPLODE to the rim so as to take advantage of that extra split second. It also requires extra body control because you're sometimes going to have to roll your body in order to use that hand, especially if you're doing a reverse layup, as Mo did effortlessly several times last night (while rolling).

Mo is now the sensei of the explosive layup, from all angles and in all permutations.
She is simply sensei-tional.

Reaction Score

I noticed that she, Morgan and Briana all sported the pony-tail. Maybe it's their new class signature.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
UConn applied suffocating defense, scored 100 points, and several players played really well, I awarded the Badass Award to Mo and there was not even a peep of disagreement by anyone here.

Imagine! Unanimity on the Boneyard! :rolleyes:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Some are saying that if Stewie was in this years WNBA Draft that Moriah would be the 1st player selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom