Why did Diarra start? | The Boneyard

Why did Diarra start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW, I thought he looked really good, and exceptionally quick. Was this strictly a strategic decision?

Reaction Score
"Our culture is really important," Hurley explained afterwards. "It's a big responsibility in terms of all the things that you do. And it just felt like a small message needed to be sent to Tristen and Nahiem. Whether you're playing for the Big East Tournament or a regular-season game, you've got to have principles and try to teach some larger lessons."

"It was my fault I didn't start," Newton admitted. "I'm not going to come on the bench and hold my head down. (Hurley) told me I was going to get in there, so when I get in there, I'm trying to make an impact every time I'm in a game. Regardless if I start or come off the bench, I'm trying my hardest and trying to make an impact out there."

Reaction Score
I’m glad Hurley did this. Need to have principles…no player is bigger than the team. It’s all good

Reaction Score
Wonder if it was something that happened in New York? Curfew? Late to a meeting?

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Small message equals both of them hasn’t been in a class since sept 1st? I don’t know I’m just spitballing here.
That picture yesterday, where Tristan was missing. I think missing a team photo shoot could be grounds for a sit down.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Small message equals both of them hasn’t been in a class since sept 1st? I don’t know I’m just spitballing here.
Nah that would have been dealt with by now. It had to be something recent.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Rumor at Legends was grades. Got to the Garden and the gentleman siting next to me was Joe D'Ambrosio's best friend who showed me a text where he said it was just a rumor and not confirmed. My best guess is Tristan may have missed a few classes or assignments and this was a shot across the bow from coach to get his house in order now that it's March. PC fans behind us were baffled by Bynum not starting for them too. Similar situation maybe?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Heard it was for unsanctioned scooter racing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom