Why can't Giffey shoot straight or finish | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why can't Giffey shoot straight or finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A spot up shooter from the wing.

On offense that's mostly what he's been asked to do, you have to show a willingness to shoot and then actually convert to be that player tho.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Niels has all the fundamental moves and footwork on offense but the ball hardly ever goes in.

Ain't that the truth. You keep hoping that the switch gets flicked and they start dropping. That first move where he faked out the entire SJU team, got to the rim, put it up softly...and missed the lay-up, killed me.

Reaction Score
A spot up shooter from the wing.

That's what he was his first two years - a small forward playing on the wing. Now he's being asked to play a stretch 4 out of necessity, but it's not like he's being asked to post up. He's still a perimeter player on offense.

Reaction Score
I don't think he is a spot up shooter. His passing and solid ball handling are underrated. He is a guy who is solid at most aspects of the game but not a stand out in any yet. I think his best quality at this point is his defensive versatility. He has successfully guarded guys who play in the NBA, like Butler from Marquette now on the Bulls. Niels' ceiling is a huge question mark. He could just continue to be a solid college player, but not only does he have a decent mind for the game, his physical tools and skill are better than they first appear and could help him have a professional career somewhere.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I don't think he is a spot up shooter. His passing and solid ball handling are underrated. He is a guy who is solid at most aspects of the game but not a stand out in any yet. I think his best quality at this point is his defensive versatility. He has successfully guarded guys who play in the NBA, like Butler from Marquette now on the Bulls. Niels' ceiling is a huge question mark. He could just continue to be a solid college player, but not only does he have a decent mind for the game, his physical tools and skill are better than they first appear and could help him have a professional career somewhere.

He'll have a pro career beyond a doubt, even if not in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom