Who's our rival | The Boneyard

Who's our rival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Used to be Syracuse, but we've lapped them in the last 5 years.

We all used to HAAAAAATE Duke, but they haven't beaten us in a meaningful game in 23 years, and we gave them their most painful loss of all-time.

Georgetown was who I hated as a kid, but Nadav buried them and they've never been the same since.

I truly, deeply loathed UMass when Cal was there, but they're beneath notice now. Same with PC & BC in the old Big East days.

Kentucky? They need to beat us in a meaningful game first, right?

Louisville pounded the out of us last year, and Pitino is a legit Hall of Fame coach. But we were never going to be their biggest rivals, and I hate that one-sided "rivalry" .

I feel the need to truly, deeply hate someone like I did in the '80s and '90s. Any suggestions?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Any one favorite to win a title.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
UCLA's banners
Bravo!

If we're still in the AAC in 5 years, Memphis.

God-willing it will be Michigan State instead.
They'll never hate us more than they hate Michigan.

I'm hoping Maryland gets their house in order, and we end up in the B1G with them. And that every game is a bloodbath.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Everyone is our rival and no one is our rival.

We're in a weird place.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Cincinnati is kind of becoming one. Louisville has handed our asses to us the last 3 years, but since they left the conference...

NCAA will always be our rival - same with the Squid.

Reaction Score
Duke.
The NCAA.

Yeah, I was going to say Emmert. "This is what happens when you ban us" was even more thrilling than "bad taste of UConn in their mouth" from a smack talk your rival standpoint. He got us in 2013 but we owned him badly in 2014.

Great post Matrim, good question. Florida would be a decent candidate given tournament history and the fact we're playing them, but Donovan's too likeable.

If I close my eyes and think about my most hated team right now, the surprising answer is Oregon. I'm still p*ssed about how the Kasongo situation went down. I think the program is dirty, they played dirty on the court in the tourney, and shoe money has been a huge factor in AAU ball turning into a childhood-eating monster. They make a perfect villain. Let's get a series going with those fools.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yeah, I was going to say Emmert. "This is what happens when you ban us" was even more thrilling than "bad taste of UConn in their mouth" from a smack talk your rival standpoint. He got us in 2013 but we owned him badly in 2014.

Great post Matrim, good question. Florida would be a decent candidate given tournament history and the fact we're playing them, but Donovan's too likeable.

If I close my eyes and think about my most hated team right now, the surprising answer is Oregon. I'm still p*ssed about how the Kasongo situation went down. I think the program is dirty, they played dirty on the court in the tourney, and shoe money has been a huge factor in AAU ball turning into a childhood-eating monster. They make a perfect villain. Let's get a series going with those fools.
They're below us. That's like starting a rivalry series with Fairfield.

Reaction Score
They're below us. That's like starting a rivalry series with Fairfield.

Everybody's below us. If you're going to start a rivalry might as well be with a program that comes equipped with good intrinsic reasons for hatred.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Based on what they did to us last year, SMU would be my pick. That's only if we're talking about a conference rivalry.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Kentucky.
We may have beat them the last two times in the tourney, but the world still thinks they are better than us and the squid is just such a snake oil salesman.
We may not be aching to beat FL,but they must be aching to beat us.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kentucky.
We may have beat them the last two times in the tourney, but the world still thinks they are better than us and the squid is just such a snake oil salesman.
We may not be aching to beat FL,but they must be aching to beat us.

As UK's probably the second best program in the country right now, that's a good thing. Plus they have Cal, which makes hating and beating them that much easier.

Reaction Score
I'm going to catch sit for this but I wish we started playing Providence again. The "big boys" are probably not going to schedule us every year so it's hard to consider them a rival. Please don't ban me!

Reaction Score
I say Cincy in football talent wise they are head and shoulders above the huskies but once on the field the games have been hard fought battle type. And in basketball they remind me of pitt they're defensively struggle offensively but always give us a game.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm going to catch sit for this but I wish we started playing Providence again. The "big boys" are probably not going to schedule us every year so it's hard to consider them a rival. Please don't ban me!

Banned.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I don't know about rival, but Reddit is making a state by state map of most hated teams. I voted for Syracuse. Beating Dook and UK in the final 4 took the sting out for me, so I voted for Syracuse given their and Pitt' (minor) role in us getting snubbed by the ACC.

Vote here

Reaction Score
cincy, by default, unfortunately, and mostly because they are trying to find a new conference as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom