Whoa!.....Parker headbutts Ogwumike | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whoa!.....Parker headbutts Ogwumike

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Parker has always been about herself. Needs to be in the spotlight, even when it's a team mate that deserves the attention. She may have an angelic face but when she loses control people get hurt. Unfortunately, she always skates by batting those pretty eyes and feigning innocence.

Watch the video again. Candace's cheek/temple whacks into the corner of Nneka's eye socket when another teammate jumps onto her back.

If you watch the video where the cut starts bleeding again, you can see the injury was a smallish, perhaps half-inch, split right on the end of the eyebrow ridge. Could have been worse. Facial injuries always bleed a lot.

Reaction Score
It looks like to me Beard caused the accident wehn she jumped on Parker's back.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
She was congratulating her teammate for the score with the possibility of making it a 3 point play. It was a huge momentum shift during a tightly contested game. Yeah, let's call it a "look at me momemt", like these

images

201308042019731618079-p5.jpg

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
I see these celebrations often and in every sport. These are professional players that are extremely passionate about what they do and sometimes they get caught up in the moment. I usually cringe when I see these types of celebrations due to risk of injury and yes, sometimes the players get hurt. It happens. Accidents happen.

1a2ffc8f-5c31-59b0-94e6-908a0cf1cc5b.preview-300.jpg

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I see these celebrations often and in every sport. These are professional players that are extremely passionate about what they do and sometimes they get caught up in the moment. I usually cringe when I see these types of celebrations due to risk of injury and yes, sometimes the players get hurt. It happens. Accidents happen.

Pet peeve of mine, too. While coaching high school softball, you'd run into this sort of horseplay every now and than, and I (atypically, I might add) would bark pretty loudly at the instigator. Why? Because this particular high school team had two, count 'em, two all-conference players injured late in the season over the previous five years, doing this sort of nonsense.

Neither injury was long-term, but, in both cases, it hurt the team short-term. Since players' time on a high-school varsity team is usually no more than two or three years, the kids don't remember what happened three, four, five years ago: coaches do.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I wonder if Di could make a lay up with her on her back.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Actually that's nothing. Dee spent her entire senior season at UConn carrying a whole team on her back.
Well played Biff. :)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Actually that's nothing. Dee spent her entire senior season at UConn carrying a whole team on her back.

Pretty much her Junior year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01