Who Will We Miss The Most in 2012? | The Boneyard

Who Will We Miss The Most in 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I noticed a thread on one of the blog sights that picked the player each BCS team would miss the most in 2012. I clicked on to see who they thought would be the biggest loss for UConn. Considering the sheer subjectivity of the question, and the limited degree of the blogger's expertise, I still expected to see Kendall Reyes or Moe Petrus, or (my choice) Dave Teggart, but instead, they chose..........
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...devastating-loss-for-every-bcs-school/page/63

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think it will be Teggart. If our offense is anything like the past two years (hopefully it wont) we will need someone who can nail FGs for all the times we stall and sputter in the red zone or just outside it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
No way, bleacher report fail. Biggest loss has to factor in the additions to this year's roster, as well as expected player development. We lose Kashif but we return MSmith as well as two highly touted transfers. WR will be better next year. Moe is the biggest loss - we're going from a 4 year starter to an unproven guy, and potentially a guy with less than a year in our system. FWIW, I think Teggart will be a bigger loss than Reyes. DT's should be solid, Stephen's a future all-BE and the DE's are going to make teams pay when they double inside. Shoot, the DE's are going to make teams pay either way.

Reaction Score
No way, bleacher report fail. Biggest loss has to factor in the additions to this year's roster, as well as expected player development. We lose Kashif but we return MSmith as well as two highly touted transfers. WR will be better next year. Moe is the biggest loss - we're going from a 4 year starter to an unproven guy, and potentially a guy with less than a year in our system. FWIW, I think Teggart will be a bigger loss than Reyes. DT's should be solid, Stephen's a future all-BE and the DE's are going to make teams pay when they double inside. Shoot, the DE's are going to make teams pay either way.

Agree with Petrus as the guy. He didn't have a great year, but he did provide leadership at the most important offensive position other than QB. I really think the new schemes implemented by DeLeone made him slightly regress last year.

Reaction Score
if you're judging by the snaps during the spring game you have to go with Petrus. i'm not judging by the spring game however b/c i think we played 5 or 6 different centers, and i think we'll be missing Teggart. it's easy to take kicker's for granted, and all he did was hit all of the kicks he needed to hit. does anyone know how many game winners he's kicked for us? i still seethe over that 2008 Rutgers game where we missed 3 very makeable kicks and lost by 2, and we didn't have to worry about that for the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom