Votes: 29 18.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
There are actually 2 players on this team who can do a pretty convincing Maya impression...Pheeses Pieces being the other one...

Maya Moore! Maya Moore!? Maya, the Legend!? A couple of instantaneous flashes, maybe. But no sustained impression, let alone convincing. Maybe next year when they may possibly have their version of Tina Charles.

McCormick also said: "Courtney Ekmark will make her mark at Connecticut."

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Clearly, by far.

And that is what it's all about.

It's too bad so many believe that stats (or any other factors) are more important.

Yeah, that goofy Auriemma expects consistent "big performances" in every game. What is with that guy?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes that's right, I meant to put 2019, I don't believe Z will be leaving early, nonetheless she doesn't have to be a starter or an All American next year to be a future Number 1 over all pick
I'm in the minority who thinks that Crystal starts, rather than Z. But Z will get major minutes and impress. I think she gets Gabby's starting slot and AA spot after Gabby graduates. I see a possible 1-2-3 in the 2019 draft.

Reaction Score
I'm in the minority who thinks that Crystal starts, rather than Z. But Z will get major minutes and impress. I think she gets Gabby's starting slot and AA spot after Gabby graduates. I see a possible 1-2-3 in the 2019 draft.
No, i think she starts over uconn freshman azura stevens.

Reaction Score
With her size and Athleticism I think Geno can turn Z in to something we've never seen in the womens game. 6'6 players who can play at the small forward position is not something I would call normal. One think about Z that helps her ball handling is her short wing span when Duke played at Uconn her freshman year it was pointed out that Z only has a 6'6 wingspan I think having shorter arms helps her keep the ball near her body while dribbling.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
With her size and Athleticism I think Geno can turn Z in to something we've never seen in the womens game. 6'6 players who can play at the small forward position is not something I would call normal. One think about Z that helps her ball handling is her short wing span when Duke played at UConn her freshman year it was pointed out that Z only has a 6'6 wingspan I think having shorter arms helps her keep the ball near her body while dribbling.

Forgot Stewie already?

Reaction Score
Forgot Stewie already?
No, Stewie had a very long wingspan and wasn't listed as a guard. Stewie is more of a forword/center in my eyes, same with Candace Parker. I think Z has potential to be like Delle Donne or DeWanna Bonner.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Maya Moore! Maya Moore!? Maya, the Legend!? A couple of instantaneous flashes, maybe. But no sustained impression, let alone convincing. Maybe next year when they may possibly have their version of Tina Charles.

McCormick also said: "Courtney Ekmark will make her mark at Connecticut."

Yeah, I'm probably Gabby's biggest fan here, and she's not Maya Moore.

But no one is. Maya is probably a top 3 husky all time.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Any one have access to Maya's career stats at UCONN?
I fished around a little and can't find them.
I know about the points. The other stats I'd like to see.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Any one have access to Maya's career stats at UConn?
I fished around a little and can't find them.
I know about the points. The other stats I'd like to see.
Here's one stat:

AP POY voting:

2008: #2 (behind Parker)

2009: #1

2010: # 2 (behind Tina)

2011: #1

No one else has ever done that!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If Mississippi State continues to improve, and Teaiara McCowan improves as much as she did from last year to this, she'll be in the conversation.

That said, I think Wilson has to be the odds-on favorite for now, which is, of course, completely meaningless. IIRC, he was the pre-season player of the year in at least one poll this year (AP maybe?).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom