Who will be Pros? | The Boneyard

Who will be Pros?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some of the blue chip recruits are said by others here to be leaning away from UConn. Coach Ollie's recruiting train is just beginning to build momentum.

I think a factor in each kid's decision making matrix, and playing time is only part of it, is how fun the experience will be and whether a school is a showcase for their talents. I recall reading a recruit who said he'd have to get used to the speed the Huskies play at. I think it was Enoch and I think he'll be fine. But, you don't want to come to Storrs and think you can walk through and see any playing time. This year the fight for minutes becomes intense by another magnitude. Good players who are fairly hot are going to be told to sit. With Jalen, is their room on the podium for Prince?

If you don't want to play tough defense, you don't want to come here. If you don't want to have serious competition with your brothers for minutes and aren't willing to sit when the coach sees a situation to exploit, you won't choose UConn.

If you are willing to pay any price to be sure that no stone was left unturned in your chase for your dreams, Ollie has a uniform for you.

Like the way Nolan is newly bulked up? Not every school has Travis Ilian to help you do that. Like the way Terrence Samuel was no longer a freshman in March? Not every set of teammates and coaches can bring you along so fast. Ask Florida how fast he developed.

Amida Brimah's early learning curve was uncanny. We know now he was hurt as the season went on. How good will it be for recruiting if he lives up to some of the hype I see on this board, 30 and 15? He did not come in a top 10 player. But, it looks like he leaves a lottery pick. What does a recruit and his family feel about that?

I am completely happy with great athletes like Brimah who have not developed enough for their potential to be widely known and with strong committed workers like Nolan or Samuel who work to make the most of their gifts. Which will Facey prove to be? Perhaps he is a great athlete and a hard worker. How hard will the Purvis and Hamilton class of talent work to improve as Huskies? The obvious answer when Kevin Ollie is coaching is very, very hard.

The culture is there already. Maintaining it will not be an easy coaching task. But, Ollie's NBA career skills included helping his more talented teammates to reach their potential. Samuel spoke about nights in the gym with Bazz. (That's a book title if I ever heard one.) If they all do that for each other, UConn will long continue to be a championship machine maybe in even greater proportion. If you get the recruits who bring the most talent, instill the greatest work ethic and selfless chemistry, you will win.

Over the next few years the player's success will sell the program. Who will be pros? Last year Bazz and Deandre. Who goes to the NBA this spring? Boatright and Purvis? Brimah and Hamilton in 2016? Get 2-3 in the league each spring and that is your biggest recruiting tool. 2017 - Samuel and Facey? If that UConn coach is getting kids less talented than you in the league every year how can you go to Providence and be a big dog for 4 years before you have to go play in Europe?

Reaction Score
europa is fun sometimes

you can get that little apt. above the gals & spend free time determining witch witch is witch

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When Chap doesn't have the most convoluted post in a thread, you're witnessing history.

So, the Cliff's Notes version is the original post is incoherent?

Reaction Score
Personally I think Chap is a genius ,but then again I was always a Sucker for Illiteration.
WItch,witch,is witch "priceless".

Reaction Score
Personally I think Chap is a genius ,but then again I was always a Sucker for Illiteration.
WItch,witch,is witch "priceless".
I'm on board the chap is a genius train as well, but "witch witch is witch", while intended as alliteration, is really just repeating the same word thrice

Reaction Score
I hope that "illiteration" is intentional, because if so, it's brilliant.

I'm on board the chap is a genius train as well, but "witch witch is witch", while intended as alliteration, is really just repeating the same word thrice
He is actually using a homophone as a homonym intentially not changing the spelling of the second word to witch ,a synomn for women.At the same time creatating emphasis by the Illiteration
The Use of Europa (the goddess in Myth who gave the continent its name is interesting) adds a rustic age to the scene.
Could be luck but average people can't duplicate the type of imagery this guy is capable of.
Instead of reading his post the're. ment to be experienced. In less than 15 words he painted a picture.
Of a rustic old Street(Europa)maybe in Paris ,Rome ,or even London.
A garrot type apt above a cafe or dance studio frequented by many beautiful women
With a window where he can admire the women as they come and go.
Or maybe it's jibberish and the rest is my overactive imagination fueled by my of love Europe,and women especially European Women.

Reaction Score
Pro's on this team? Tough call as of now, need to see a lot more from most everyone before even going there. The only one who stands out with the best potential is AB although you would think Rodney and Daniel would eventually be on the radar....the rest have some work to do.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
joober jones said:
Which Wich makes a fine sub.

Not as good as new haven pizza

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Goat said:
This year the fight for minutes becomes intense by another magnitude. Good players who are fairly hot are going to be told to sit. With Jalen, is their room on the podium for Prince?
Warming up Fishy's oven...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99