Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Who was missed more in tonight's game, Stef or Bria?

Reaction Score
I say Stef. She ran the offense and made everyone better. She was a legitimate 3-pt threat, could play down low, good defender, set screens, could make shots with either hand, good passer, calming influence in the few times the going got tough, excellent dancer, blocked shots, as we now realize after tonight took a ton of pressure off the others so they could do their thing and if not she could still burn you for 20 points and a triple double.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Stokes for the most part was a non factor on offense. Stef would have scored more then 6 points and probably grabbed more then 5 rebounds. I'm not sure about Geno, but I would have been happy if Kiah played outstanding defense and had 10+ rebounds. If that happened UConn wins.

Reaction Score
Dolson.
If Dolson was playing UConn wouldn't have been outrebounded and Stanford wouldn't have been able to back off her and clog the lane. That being said, UConn doesn't have her and better adjust to that fact.

Reaction Score
Kiah gave up on some Stanford fast breaks. You could see her slow up when the camera was looking from under the
Stanford basket. It was as if "ah well, we blew that one." Stef never gave up and was always there in case
the shot was a bit slow > block, or if there was a rebound to be had. I have always loved watching Kiah play - so much talent.
She still needs that do or die attitude.

That said, I am not too worried by last night's game. this team will jell in Jan or Feb.

Reaction Score
The dropoff from Stef to Kiah was really, really evident last night.

Impressively for Saniya, the dropoff from Bria to her was not.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Agree on the first point; disagree on the second. Saniya made some big shots last night and those shots were sorely needed, but Bria did so many other things for last year's team that Saniya didn't do last night. Bria turned herself into a really good collegiate defender and Saniya struggled defensively. Bria was outstanding at pushing the ball and creating shot opportunities off the dribble for herself and for others which Saniya wasn't able to do last night. As well as Saniya shot the ball, swapping Saniya for Bria was a net negative for the team. I say this not to diminish Saniya's fine game or to say Saniya should be able to replace all of what Bria did for last year's team which is just not realistic given her lack of experience in big games.

Reaction Score
I have to admit I have answered many a negative comment about our players with disdain. Well, I am now ready for your comments. If (Big If) Kiah Stokes does not learn how and when to clog the lane and switch, does not learn to make layups, get more than 5 rebounds,learn how to pass the ball to an open player instead of making like it's a hot potato at the top of the post and lastly learn how to
cut on the pick and roll, we could be in trouble. Fire away if you think I'm over reacting. Remember I said IF

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Steph, but having either one of them would have won the game for us.

Reaction Score
I say "both".

Bria stepped right into the WNBA and became a big part of the Mystics this season like she was a seasoned pro. Stef will be good but it'll take longer.

I also think that the rest of the players in WCBB seem like they've grown up and got a lot better this year. Duke looks very formidable so far.

Face it- UCONN will have a lot of competition this season. Nothing wrong with that.

Reaction Score
Steph, but having either one of them would have won the game for us.

And if Stanford had Chiney Ogwumike another year...

Based on what they meant to their teams last season you could argue Ogwumike should have been the biggest loss from the 2 teams.

Seems Stanford's players got better in the off season.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
One of Stef's great skills was boxing out and clearing space for others to rebound. The was not a lot of quality boxing out last night.

Reaction Score
I really don't want to criticize any player because I'm not out there playing the game and dealing with the pressure but I thought one of the turning points in the game was the shot Kiah took and missed from the top of the key with minutes remaining, if I recall correctly, when UCONN should have been running clock. It appeared to be a moment of panic and indecision; I can't otherwise explain it. Even the announcers were in disbelief. I like Kiah and want to see her do well but moments like these are a head-scratcher. Anyway, she was hardly the sole cause for the defeat. Allowing Orrange her McBride moment was indefensible (no pun intended).

Reaction Score
Stef would have set the picks to free Kaleena and made the passes to set up the other players.

Reaction Score

I'll have some of what you're smoking. Did you see Saniya on the defensive end?

Reaction Score
Both. It seemed at times they was looking for Stef and Bria to take over but realize that they graduate and was Drafted to the WNBA & playing overseas now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom