Who knew? | The Boneyard

Who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the season better than 1/4 over the AL East is almost exactly upside down from what most were predicting. I don't know how the Yankees are doing it with all the injuries. Is Girardi a genius? The Sox are rolling again. Their off-season acquisitions with the exception of Hanrahan seem to be working out. I think the biggest impact has been John Farrell. I like the decisions he is making managing the game and the way he handles the press. He also seems to have the respect of the players. In Francona's book he talks about how he lost control of some of the pitchers when Farrell left to manage the Jays. He even mentions that Buchholtz was afraid of Farrell.

Reaction Score
It's been about the pitching for the Yankees. CC doesn't have the stuff that he's had in the past, but he's still enough of a pitcher to keep them in most games. The Yanks can only hope that his velocity returns. Kuroda has been a revelation. He is dominating the way an ace is supposed to dominate. The rest of the starters have been OK overall as well including some nice appearances by David Phelps. The bullpen has been rock solid from the new middle relief guys to the Logan/Robertson/Rivera back end. If the Yankees can continue to score a few runs, their pitching seems to be able to keep them in most games. Of course the pessimist in me wonders if guys like Overbay & Wells will be able to continue at this high pace as the season moves along.

Reaction Score
If they can get .250-.280 with some clutch hitting from the likes of Overbay, Wells and Hafner that will be fine. I don't believe Texiera is anywhere near healthy and should be sitting all year - you just can't tweak your wrist/hand on the tee unless there's something dramatically wrong. Jeter and ARod? Who knows and Youk has been an injury machine the last couple of years. They can keep the pace if the pitching holds up and they get some guys back and they play at least close to their capabilities but if not this smoke and mirrors show can only last so long. Pineida in the rotation some day would be nice too.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom