Who is your favorite UConn player of all time? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who is your favorite UConn player of all time?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Ray, Kemba, K.O. Bazz, , Donny Marshall, & Sticks...for me, it's not just about the talent, it's also about the personality.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Caronimo...don't know why, but I freakin loved that guy. Maybe it was his backstory, but he was some kind of fun to watch.

Eit: A little surprised I am the only one to say CB

Reaction Score
Caronimo...don't know why, but I freakin loved that guy. Maybe it was his backstory, but he was some kind of fun to watch.

I'd actually have to say the same. His 2nd half of his sophomore year, he was absolutely phenomenal. Always played really hard and had a great father/son type relationship with Calhoun. His press conference when he announced he was leaving was terrific as well - he got very emotional. If he came back for his junior year I believe we'd have 4 National Championships, and he very well could have been our one and only unanimous National player of the year.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

You weren't even the first :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have so many its impossible to pick one.
But I feel Cliff Robinson is frequently overlooked.
He was one hell of a player who got overlooked due to the level of talent in the BE.
He had a long and incredible NBA career.

Cliff gets the credit he deserves. He had a nice NBA career and made a lot of money. But I think he left a bit on the table at UConn. They win the NIT in an epic run when Cliff was a junior. The next year they should have at least made the Big Dance, which would have been a first for the Huskies in the Big East. Instead, they spit the bit. Cliff was very inconsistent, didn't show much leadership and never shone in a big spot. The year after he leaves they make the Elite Eight.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
1. Super Tone and Dyson - almost identical games.
2. Caron
3. AJ = Obi Wan
4. Kemba = Luke Skywalker

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Ray.

Honorable mention: Nadav, Caron, Shabazz, John Gwynn

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
marshall-profile.jpg

Our First Franchise Player

Reaction Score
Kevin Freeman. He got a rebound in the Championship game where
there was a Dukie literally hanging on his back. He soared up like
he didn't even know he was carrying him. An awesome display of
power.

Reaction Score
A lot of great players I have enjoyed watching go through the NBA turnstile that is UConn. But its Ray.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Somebody should really graph the results.

Reaction Score
Emeka. He was so obviously the smartest player on the floor whenever he was out there.

His second half performance against Duke in 2004 was inspired. He wasn't going to be denied.

Reaction Score
Emeka okafor. Great player. Great off the court. He will do big things beyond playing a game

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The Candy Man, Ray Allen. Was at Rookies in Cromwell when he hit that shot in the lane of the 1996 Big East Championship Game vs G'Town. Great Stuff. My honorable mention is Rod Sellers for shoving Laettner's head into the floor.

Reaction Score
I think Niels is the only UConn player I've never screamed "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?????" at.

Pete McCann- mid 90s walk-on from my hometown who went on to be one of my favorite history teachers.
Albie Mouring-SO SMOOTH. Emulated my free stroke after him
Ben Gordon- Is this honestly his first mention?
Sticks- Had that aura where you just had to watch his every move so you didn't miss something amazing.
AJ- Terrific story from where he was his first 2 years on campus to The Final Four to working out a nice niche in the NBA.
Bazz-Made sure UConn wasn't going anywhere.

Reaction Score
I go Nadav, Ray, Ricky, Emeka, Kemba as my top five. They were all players who, at their peak, I just couldn't wait to watch play - even more than just for the sake of watching a UConn game.

So hard to pick one, but I have followed Ray more religiously in the pros than anyone else. Some of it is Emeka and Kemba ended up on weak teams - I followed both enthusiastically through their rookie years. And Maccabi Tel Aviv is tough to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom