Who is going to be the #2 brand in the Big East for the rest of the decade? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who is going to be the #2 brand in the Big East for the rest of the decade?

Reaction Score
There is a lot of competition in the Midwest being in the heart of P5 and schools like Kansas, Indiana and the Kentucky schools. He’s never really attracted the 5 star crowd (although has a highly rated kid coming in). He also seems to go for a certain type of kid, parochial and kind of soft, lack edge. They like to hug out there. Not a lot of dynamic kids coming through Omaha. He’s also lost some of his more dynamic kids to the portal, which is never a great sign. Will likely always be good, but not great, which feels ok with their fanbase.
Those non-dynamic kids beat UConn by 20 points back in February.

Reaction Score
Who cares. As far as I am concerned they’re all going to be tied for last

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The real question is who’s going to be #2 in CBB.

Reaction Score
I'm going Georgetown. Cooley will get it rolling in the next year or two, it might be the biggest sleeping giant in the sport right now. The only thing that makes me question them is the arena, it will take a ton of people to make that place imposing.
Cooley is a mediocre coach who inherited a mess. It will be awhile before Georgetown is good.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not gonna start a separate thread, but wanted to note that Pitino and Pope have agreed in principle to a H/H.

That's gonna get a ton of good media exposure for SJU when it happens.
It wont happen. Its just Pitino shooting from the hip on Twitter again.Just like UConn is going to play at Carnesca, lol. The schools haven't even discussed it yet. I do believe both he and Pope are genuine in their desire for the game, and maybe it will come about sometime, but two coaches saying that does not actually make it a scheduled game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don’t see it with Marquette - Shaka, as good as he is, doesn’t have the March recipe. Seems a bit of a paper tiger year over year.
That's what they used to say about Calhoun. And he hadn't even made the Final Four at the time.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It wont happen. Its just Pitino shooting from the hip on Twitter again.Just like UConn is going to play at Carnesca, lol. The schools haven't even discussed it yet. I do believe both he and Pope are genuine in their desire for the game, and maybe it will come about sometime, but two coaches saying that does not actually make it a scheduled game.
I'm pretty sure Kentucky did announce this over the weekend.

Kentucky needed someone to talk their fan base off the ledge with this coaching hire. Ricky did a public service announcement for them endorsing the selection of Pope as the new head coach. This home and home was likely the price of that PSA. Rick wouldn't do anything for free if he could get something out of it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Kentucky did announce this over the weekend.

Kentucky needed someone to talk their fan base off the ledge with this coaching hire. Ricky did a public service announcement for them endorsing the selection of Pope as the new head coach. This home and home was likely the price of that PSA. Rick wouldn't do anything for free if he could get something out of it.

One of the people from St. Johns said yesterday the two teams havent even talked about it yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom