Who guards Melvin? | The Boneyard

Who guards Melvin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since we're wasting all of our usual summer threads in January I thought I'd point us back towards the season that's still going on...in case anyone forgot

Cleveland Melvin is really the only match up issue for us and it would seem like DD will start on him if we go with our usual starting 5 (bazz, boat, OC, DD, and TO). However, based on Ollie pulling DD late in the game against marquette I feel like we might see a lot more of Giffey again in favor of his rebounding and defense. DD has definitely shown to be the superior scorer, but if our guards get it going early Ollie might not need DD's offense.

Personally I'd like to see DD get the start and really go at Melvin early to possibly get him in foul trouble, and then put Giffey on him to try and lock him down on D since he might be a little more hesitant going to the basket

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
So far what I've loved about UConn is the consistency.

These kids seem to play their hearts out every night.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Agree that I wish we had Melvin on our side...had him and let him go.

That being said, I like Giffey in that matchup.

NG has been playing well. Hits the open three...hardnosed on D...consistently boxes out and scraps for loose balls.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He's their only legit scoring threat. Get him in foul trouble and Huskies lock up the W.

Reaction Score
They will give us trouble no doubt........weird teams like these guys, USF and PC always do because they seem to bring their best........Melvin can score but they had a couple others with 15 yesterday, they are decent and our guys will need to bring that same tenacity they have shown.......any letdown will make our start potentially 1-5 or 0-6............need this one!!

Reaction Score
He's their only legit scoring threat. Get him in foul trouble and Huskies lock up the W.

Young is also having an excellent year. Both Melvin and Young are ave. 16+ per game. DePaul has won 4 road games including at Ariz. St, Auburn and Prov. They play a tight man to man. They are not the DePaul we saw the last couple of years. They have improved.

Reaction Score
let him get his 20 and just stop the other 4 on the floor.. :)

Reaction Score
UConn is tailor made to shred them. 3 guys that can handle the ball and attack tge press to score.

Reaction Score
Cleveland who? Who is going to stop the double-double machine, Enosch Wolf? #SchnitzelTime :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom