Who gets to 12 titles first? | The Boneyard

Who gets to 12 titles first?

Who gets to 12 title first?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Women, ucla, since they need one more than uconn.

Now who, between uconn and unc will hit 10 first is the better question...as well as 8.

Reaction Score
UConn Women will get it next year
I don't follow womens hoops too closely so I'm not sure how the rest of the field stacks up, but a healthy Paige, Azzi, and the #1 recruit Sarah Strong coming in...They could be looking at another undefeated season

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Geno’s old and they haven’t won a title in 8+ seasons. I’m not sold they are winning another one anytime soon.

Orc

Reaction Score
SC is loaded with talent again. They will be the favorite for years. Uconn still don't have a tall dominant big unfortunately. I think Geno is going to be stuck at 11 for a while.

Reaction Score
Getting to the Final Four is not winning a title.
Yeah but did you see that he got to the final four with very depleted team(Filled with injuries 5 of them to core players)? That was quite an accomplishment and should of beat Iowa if not for some questionable calls at the end of the game. Imagine what he can do when he has a lot more talent like he will have this upcoming year.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Yeah but did you see that he got to the final four with very depleted team(Filled with injuries 5 of them to core players)? That was quite an accomplishment and should of beat Iowa if not for some questionable calls at the end of the game. Imagine what he can do when he has a lot more talent like he will have this upcoming year.
They would have lost to SC even if healthy.

Reaction Score
They would have lost to SC even if healthy.
I beg to differ if they had those 5 players I think they would of won. Either or next season is a new one and UConn should be one of the best in Women's basketball with a legit chance to win it if everyone is healthy. It has nothing to do with Geno as he is still a great coach and the kids still want to play for him as shown by the #1 recruit choosing UConn.

Reaction Score
Geno’s old and they haven’t won a title in 8+ seasons. I’m not sold they are winning another one anytime soon.
They’ve been decimated by injuries the past 3 seasons…getting to the final 4 this season was shocking?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
They’ve been decimated by injuries the past 3 seasons…getting to the final 4 this season was shocking?
They got lucky the #2 seed in their region lost. They were favored in every matchup until the Final 4.

Reaction Score
Even so, the men would have to win 6 more titles before the women win 1. We've been on a historic run and winning 6 took 25 years. I think it's safe to say the women win 1 more championship before the men win 6

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Even so, the men would have to win 6 more titles before the women win 1. We've been on a historic run and winning 6 took 25 years. I think it's safe to say the women win 1 more championship before the men win 6
Hurley is in his early 50s. Geno is about 70. He’s almost done and other programs have caught up.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You may want to cool your jets a bit if you're including UConn men in this equation Shizz.

Over the past twenty five years we won as many as the next two schools combined and that puts us halfway there. If we were to replicate this exceptional accomplishment, that would take us another quarter century to get to twelve.

Let's worry about passing UNC, then once we do that, set our sights on catching Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Hurley is in his early 50s. Geno is about 70. He’s almost done and other programs have caught up.
I'm comfortable saying he'll get at least 1 more before he retires (just signed a 5yr contract I think). Do you think Danny gets 6 before then?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I'm comfortable saying he'll get at least 1 more before he retires (just signed a 5yr contract I think). Do you think Danny gets 6 before then?
I think Dan gets 2-3 in the next decade. Geno is 0-8 getting titles the least eight years and they didn't have injury woes every season. He doesn’t have the recruiting edge he used to have.

Reaction Score
I would think UConn fans wouldn't be so tribal. You would either 1) root for both programs or 2) if you're only a fan of one of the programs because you don't follow the men or the women you wouldn't be anti-the other program.

Reaction Score
And if we're aggressive and say Hurley is able to win another 6 titles before he retires in 20 years (and based on all of his comments I'd be shocked if he's coaching that long). That still gives time for Geno to supposedly suck for a few years before he decides to retire, the replacement coach to flame out as most replacements for a legend do, and then a solid decade plus for the next coach to win a title. This is a ridiculous conversation

Reaction Score
Seems like I've been hearing "wait until they're healthy" for like the last 3 years with the UConn women and each year they seem to get more injured. Even healthy I think there's still a big athleticism gap with South Carolina, we'll see how it plays out next year.

Reaction Score
I think Dan gets 2-3 in the next decade. Geno is 0-8 getting titles the least eight years and they didn't have injury woes every season. He doesn’t have the recruiting edge he used to have.
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
UConn Men have won 2 and will mostly rebuild after this season while the Women have a bunch of talent coming back from injury and a top recruiting class on the way too. Health is always a factor but Geno has enough depth to overcome a lot of adversity and if they do figure out how to stay healthy I would think they would have to be the favorite next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom