Who do you think the Bobcats should draft? | The Boneyard

Who do you think the Bobcats should draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
they have their point guard in kemba and just drafted bismark... i think they need a good wing or true center...i can see them being a good team their just a few pieces and a head coach away

Reaction Score
They pretty much have to take Anthony Davis. I know they have Biyombo, but Davis is pretty far and away the #1 pick right now.

Reaction Score
Well if they get the number 1 pick the obvious answer is Anthony Davis. If they don't it will be an interesting decision. I am curious to see how Kidd-Gilchrist does in the NBA. He has proven himself to be a tremendous competitor, but at the next level I wonder how his game will translate. I wouldn't bet against him, but he has to develop his perimeter game a bit if he wants to be a prototypical wing player. The Bobcats need to take the most talented player and not worry so much about position.

caw

Reaction Score
they have their point guard in kemba and just drafted bismark... i think they need a good wing or true center...i can see them being a good team their just a few pieces and a head coach away

Assuming they have the first pick and don't trade it they take Davis. They then have Davis and Bismark down low for the next (hopefully for them) 10-15 years and giggle all the way to the bank. Then with the first pick of the second round they might be able to get a player like Crowder/DJO/D. Lamb/ Fab Melo/Kevin Jones/Leslie/Barton and be pretty happy. They could even get lucky and have someone drop.

Either way they need Davis to put next to Bismark.

Then you have 4 decent young players in Kemba/Second Rounder/Davis/Bismark. Throw in Mullins/Henderson and that's looking OK for young players.

Ideally, they can pawn off someone for a late first rounder but they don't have anything of value. Augustin is a free agent. Kemba and Bismark aren't going anywhere. Henderson isn't worth a first rounder. The rest of the team is D-League worthy.

They could try and deal the #1 to a team like the Hornets for two first rounders, if the Hornets have the #2 and something 3-14 from Minnesota. If they can do that they could pick up Robinson and Barnes/Beal/Lamb and be looking pretty good at the 1, 2 or 3, 4 and 5 going forward. Heck with the first second rounder they could pick up whoever drops as a 2/3 have a decent player there.

Say have a rookie contract lineup of Kemba/D. Lamb/H. Barnes/Robinson/Bismark.

Worst case is they only get the 2-4 pick, they end up with Robinson, Barnes, MKG, or Beal and maybe pick up Kevin Jones in the second round. That would suck for them. They need either an impact player like Davis or 3 very good players with potential.

Reaction Score
If they got the number 1 pick, it would not be a good move to trade it for 2 1st round picks. Anthony Davis is a unique player.

caw

Reaction Score
If they got the number 1 pick, it would not be a good move to trade it for 2 1st round picks. Anthony Davis is a unique player.

I would normally agree, but the Bobcats are bereft of talent at every position except C and PG. If they can get the #2 and #3 for the #1, they have to think about it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
but davis is going to play the 5 or 4? bc he's to small to play the 5 and maybe even the 4... i was also thinking sullinger for the 5 or robinson for the 4... and lamb and barnes for the 3/2... haven't put much thought just throwing out ideas as they come

caw

Reaction Score
but davis is going to play the 5 or 4? bc he's to small to play the 5 and maybe even the 4... i was also thinking sullinger for the 5 or robinson for the 4... and lamb and barnes for the 3/2... haven't put much thought just throwing out ideas as they come

Bismark would be the 5 and Davis the 4.

Reaction Score
I would normally agree, but the Bobcats are bereft of talent at every position except C and PG. If they can get the #2 and #3 for the #1, they have to think about it.

If you can get the #2 and the #3 you have to do it, but I can't see any way that happens. If you get the #1 pick you happily select Anthony Davis and hope that he lives up to the hype as a franchise player. If not, I think you take Drummond, Kidd-Gilchrist, and Beal in that order depending on who is available.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If you can get the #2 and the #3 you have to do it, but I can't see any way that happens. If you get the #1 pick you happily select Anthony Davis and hope that he lives up to the hype as a franchise player. If not, I think you take Drummond, Kidd-Gilchrist, and Beal in that order depending on who is available.
i wouldn't take beal, i agree with drummond but i would take robinson/sullinger or barnes/lamb over him and maybe mkg

Reaction Score
Can't pass on Davis. I really hope they get Lamb somehow. He plays so much better along side Kemba.

caw

Reaction Score
Can't pass on Davis. I really hope they get Lamb somehow. He plays so much better along side Kemba.

I kinda want Lamb to end up in Cleveland. They could actually have a good draft. Two first rounders and two seconds, I believe. Could pick up some decent players in the frontcourt with the last 3 while pairing Irving, Triston Thompson and Lamb together.

Reaction Score

They are building for 2 or 3 years from now. They will be lottery team with Davis next season and most likely with whoever they draft following season as well. They won't sniff the playoffs until Kemba's 4th year. That is just the way it works in the NBA.

Reaction Score
This draft is LOADED. If they don't get the first pick from the lottery then I think they should trade their pick and get as many guys as they can. There are so many good players this year and lets be honest, the Bobcats need a LOT of fresh (and good) faces to even be competitive in the near future.

Reaction Score

Davis' 7'4" wingspan means he'd be a fine center. But if you think he's too small for the 5, then how is Jared Sullinger, who's probably 6'8", suitable for the 5?

Reaction Score
At #1, you've got to take the best player, period - and then adjust your roster if needed. But Jordan is a real wild card, with a poor track record.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Davis' 7'4" wingspan means he'd be a fine center. But if you think he's too small for the 5, then how is Jared Sullinger, who's probably 6'8", suitable for the 5?
you could use the same reasoning for durant to be playing the 5... sullinger is a much better version of blair and blair has been doing well at the 5... I'm talking about weight being able to stand your ground as they back you down to the hoop

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This draft is LOADED. If they don't get the first pick from the lottery then I think they should trade their pick and get as many guys as they can. There are so many good players this year and lets be honest, the Bobcats need a LOT of fresh (and good) faces to even be competitive in the near future.
yeah they need a player definitely at the 2-4

caw

Reaction Score
At #1, you've got to take the best player, period - and then adjust your roster if needed. But Jordan is a real wild card, with a poor track record.

I don't believe Jordan is in charge of the draft anymore. I believe Rich Cho is the man there now. He was the Assistant GM for OKC for 10 years and GM for the Blazers for a year before being fired after basically only being in charge of signing Wesley Matthews, Armon Johnson, hiring Nate McMillan and the trade below.

Interestingly, he was the Blazers GM when they traded for Gerald Wallace from the Bobcats for Joel Pryzbilla, Dante Cunningham, Sean Marks, a 2011 first round pick and a 2013 first round pick. All three players expired/were waived in the first year with the Bobcats. Not sure Gerald Wallace was worth two first rounders, but he was 28 with a 3 year deal and a 15 and 8 guy, and should have been a decent 3rd-4th man for the Blazers.

Cho was not in charge of a single draft for the Blazers.

As the Bobcats GM he turned the 2011 first round pick from Portland (19) along with Stephen Jackson and Shaun Livingston into Maggette and the no. 7 pick (Bismark Biyombo).

Essentially, he turned Shaun Livingston and Tobias Harris into Biyombo. He then drafted Kemba to replace Livingston. They did trade their second round pick for cash, but that's not a bad move either considering the Bobcats are so cash strapped.

I think his only other "big" roster move was waiving Fatso (Boris Diaw). Hard to trade fatso, considering he was expiring and fat.

It will be interesting what Cho can do with this draft.

Only Mullens, Henderson, Thomas, Biyombo and Walker are on the books past next season, I believe. Basically the only 5 players I would even consider keeping past next year.

Reaction Score
Have to wonder if the ultimate decisions on drafting will be left to Cho or if Jordan still has final say. He apparently hasn't ceded it in the past, Cho was seen as a rising star among front office people and I didn't see anything from a front office stanpoint that justified him being fired from the Blazers, hopefully MJ lets him do work and eventually gives him a little freedom with the checkbook since it seems like his main focus these days is saving money.

Reaction Score

Love Sullinger, but he's a situational 5 man at best.. He's got that Big Baby, Bass, D. West type game (5 man skills but really not tall enough to man the 5 at the NBA level)... He'd be a nice fit for my Sixers though... We need some sort of inside presence in the worst way...

caw

Reaction Score
Love Sullinger, but he's a situational 5 man at best.. He's got that Big Baby, Bass, D. West type game (5 man skills but really not tall enough to man the 5 at the NBA level)... He'd be a nice fit for my Sixers though... We need some sort of inside presence in the worst way...

I'm not sure why Sullinger would be considered a 5 for the Bobcats, Bismark is really quite well suited for the 5, assuming he can stay out of foul trouble and learns. Kid has a great body for the 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom