who do you think is coming first night | The Boneyard

who do you think is coming first night

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Getting to be that time of year,and first night is coming soon.There has probably been a posting of someone coming,and if there is,I apologize for not paying attention.However,usually,there are two or three that come to opening festivities,and I was wondering whom the Boneyard think will be there,or whom they hope will be there who hasn't verbaled.I tend to think,there will be a surprise or two this year,it's just a gut feeling.Any thoughts?

U

UCONNfan1

I would imagine the 3 kids we have on board would be there - Courtney, Sadie, and Gabby. I believe Wilson has said she's coming? Other than that, possibly no one. Maybe Rooks? And also that kid from Canada - Nurse? I say take a class with those 6 mentioned. That would be an ok class...!

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
I expect Geno, Chris, Shea, Marissa, Stef, Bria, KML, Kiah, Brianna, Morgan, Breanna, MoJeff, and Saniya will all be there.
I would hope,when I post,the first comment on the post isn't attempting humor.Being new,I felt it was a decent enough topic to get insights and opinions.I know that the team and coaches will be there.Every forum need fresh insights,new ideas,and varied discussion.I would hope that my post isn't mundane or trivial.If it is,I will be just as happy not to post in the future.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Humor is a way of life on the board and is dangerously close at any moment. Given the crankiness of many recently it provides perspective that not all things need to be as intense as things frequently are. If a bear posts it, humor or sarcasm is likely to be involved.

Your question is worthy but other than A'ja Wilson little has been said out who will definitely be there. It is easier to focus on those we know who will be there kicking off what should be a spectacular year.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Aw, don't worry, caramel. At least you got an answer. Some of us have rarely even had that...so actually this is a pretty good beginning. And it's a fine question. I think all we know pretty nearly sure is Wilson, and the three commits will probably come. I think anyone else would be something of a (perhaps welcome) surprise.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I would hope,when I post,the first comment on the post isn't attempting humor.Being new,I felt it was a decent enough topic to get insights and opinions.I know that the team and coaches will be there.Every forum need fresh insights,new ideas,and varied discussion.I would hope that my post isn't mundane or trivial.If it is,I will be just as happy not to post in the future.

Yummy......caramel......

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Caramel, here's how it works.

Icebear devotes a modicum of time (especially on Sundays) and presumed theological expertise as the shepherd of his faithful flock in Pennsylvania. But he is a 24/7 devil's disciple here on the Boneyard with a special talent for aiming his draconian brand of humor at novices like you.

Got it?

Keep posting and remember: Illegitimi non carborundum! (or words to that effect, cuz I flunked Latin)

Reaction Score
Can we make sure that First Night happens on a NON-football weekend.
:(

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
cara.....keep posting, if you think something is worthy. First Night certainly fits the bill. There is a great video from last year that hopefully someone can post. Semper is right, Wilson is the prize everyone wants to see that night. And hopefully the 3 commits....and the first good look at Saniya..!!

Don't worry about ice...he was thrown out of the cave and not allowed to hibernate w/ the others last winter and we've paid the price. You will notice he has 4,366 "likes", so he can be witty and insightful. But he has 12,788 posts, so roughly 2/3 of the time he just growls. Doggy is all bark, but he doesn't bite....however, he did make me cry, twice....
Kip is just a great guy, but never accept an offer to go flying with him. He has been known to jump out of perfectly good airplanes....vowel is one of the smartest BY'ers, watch for his analysis on recruits. It is awesome... You will meet the rest of the BY in due course....or you could run away now, while there is still time. Welcome....:)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
cara.....keep posting, if you think something is worthy. First Night certainly fits the bill. There is a great video from last year that hopefully someone can post. Semper is right, Wilson is the prize everyone wants to see that night. And hopefully the 3 commits....and the first good look at Saniya..!!

Don't worry about ice...he was thrown out of the cave and not allowed to hibernate w/ the others last winter and we've paid the price. You will notice he has 4,366 "likes", so he can be witty and insightful. But he has 12,788 posts, so roughly 2/3 of the time he just growls. Doggy is all bark, but he doesn't bite....however, he did make me cry, twice....
Kip is just a great guy, but never accept an offer to go flying with him. He has been known to jump out of perfectly good airplanes....vowel is one of the smartest BY'ers, watch for his analysis on recruits. It is awesome... You will meet the rest of the BY in due course....or you could run away now, while there is still time. Welcome....:)
Third time is the charm.....shut up David.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Caramel, caramel, caramel. Buck up little buddy, remember it's all down hill from here. (i.e. turn back now while you still can, soon you will be sucked into this BY vortex. I believe it was described in some book we are not allowed to mention, as weeping and gnashing of teeth - those of us who still have our own)

A perfectly good thread to start. It's just I don't think any of us have heard of anyone coming besides Wilson. And when we, here on the BY, don't know anything (which is a good 50%+ of the time), we tend to make stuff up or pontificate on whatever comes to mind (and I, yes even I, shudder at some of the stuff that comes to our minds :eek:)

Besides you are doing fantastic, 7 posts, 6 likes. You are in rarefied air.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Possible visitors for First night include:

A'ja Wilson (a report that she plans to visit that weekend)
Taylor Rooks (one recruiting service has her down to UConn, Stanford, St John's, Harvard and Princeton and intends to take official visits)
Kathryn Westbeld (down to OSU, ND and UConn; said she will take visits tho no surprise if she commits before visits)
Sadie Edwards (committed)
Courtney Ekmark (committed)
Gabby Williams (committed)

Others?

UConn has been connected to Asia Durr (home visit in Sept), Napheesa Collier (home visit in Sept) and Katie Lou Samuelson (will visit after Jan game in Springfield MA). Not sure if any of 2015 targets will visit for First Night.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Yet another possible attendee at First Night may be the NCAA Sign Police.:rolleyes:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
And Rosemary!!

I certainly hope Rosemary is there, and that she has blessed little to do, other than bouncy-ball interdiction.

For what it's worth, caramel, I worked at a Commencement at Connecticut College many years ago, where the featured speaker said something like "If you look for it, you can find humor in almost anything in life". The speaker was Admiral Crowe, just off of his stint as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. I figure that, if a guy who has to deal with the weighty responsibilities that he had, can seek out the humor in day-t0-day living, well, that's an "admirable" thing to do, too.

We are often silly and irreverent. We tease each other. Sometimes, it's pretty clever, and, sometimes...not so much. Please don't take it seriously, or, to heart. We jes' funnin'.:p

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

I don't know who goes to what games- but I can't wait to meet some of u wack- jobs! I think?

Reaction Score
Does anyone feel that first night has become a waste of time since they've put the guys and girls together! It has less to do with BB than games and too loud music! I go meet my buddies at 2:30pm to make sure we can get ALL the autographs then post signing I go home without a migraine from too must noise! The only real BB is a 3-point shooting contest! In years past I looked forward to a practice followed by a scrimmage then I saw all the players playing BB not a 3 legged race or scooter races!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Does anyone feel that first night has become a waste of time since they've put the guys and girls together! It has less to do with BB than games and too loud music! I go meet my buddies at 2:30pm to make sure we can get ALL the autographs then post signing I go home without a migraine from too must noise! The only real BB is a 3-point shooting contest! In years past I looked forward to a practice followed by a scrimmage then I saw all the players playing BB not a 3 legged race or scooter races!
Grumpy, grumpy!:cool:
I actually agree 100%. I haven't gone to many but enjoyed the first ones I went to when there was an actual scrimmage - the last two ... not so much. But then I also find the slam dunk contests, home run contests, and the rest of the hoopla that has been added to all-star games to be completely boring. I know sports are 'entertainment', but the entertainment I want from sports is actually watching the sport. Feel the same about the 'in game coaches interviews' and most of the other fan 'enhancements' that have been added.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

As others have stated, this board can be a little tough sometimes, though meant in good fun I'm sure. I suggest posting on the Men's basketball board (MBB) to get your feet wet as a new poster. The MBB is a much kinder, gentler forum and you won't find meanies like Icebear there. We love a good discussion on merits of woman's basketball there because the focus on fundamentals makes it much more watchable than the men's game. Also you may want to stop by the football board to post in support of Head Coach Paul Pasqualoni. He's loved to death there so that couldn't possibly go wrong.

Good luck and keep posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01