Who do you pull for on Saturdays outside of UConn? | The Boneyard

Who do you pull for on Saturdays outside of UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So it's the first glorious College Football Saturday and I'm continuing my usual lazy tradition of sitting on my couch and watching the multitude of channels that carry CFB games. It made me start to think about who I pull for. I was born and raised a PSU fan but I can't bring myself to cheer for them. Then I flip to the 'Cuse game and I can't bring myself to cheer for them because in my mind they aren't a member of the BE anymore. I'll probably feel the same for Pitt as well. So my question to you all on this great day is, do you pull for current BE members in OOC games or do you cheer against 'Cuse and Pitt? What about WVU? I flipped on that game and I couldn't watch I was so enraged by them. Are you pulling for NBE teams already? I always cheer for Boise because I love the story from the past 6-7 years so I don't count them as pulling for a NBE team. I dunno what I'll feel for SMU, UH, UCF, etc....I always ant the BE to represent well in the OOC slate but 'Cuse and Pitt can suck it.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Thinking pragmatically, I am still rooting for Syracuse and this year in OOC since it helps UConn directly in terms of rankings, etc.

I'll continue to root for WVU in the Big 12 but not against anyone Big East (if they ever actually play a Big East team again). Regardless of the way the media spins it, WVU was a Big East team that was never able to dominate our conference yet was a very able representative in the BCS.

Other than that, I root for UConn opponents (i.e. Western Michigan) once again for the rankings, computers, etc. and just hope for good upsets (like San Jose St almost pulled off last night).

Oh, and whoever plays against Notre Dame gets my vote. Every time.

Reaction Score
Rooting for all the current BE teams (except Cuse and Pitt) and all the incoming BE teams. Plus the other OOC teams on our schedule this year.

Reaction Score
All BE teams in OOC games. Future BE teams. Against ACC teams. Usually the underdog. Like to see rank teams fall. Like to see our OOC opponents win which will help our rating.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I generally root against all former BE teams, which includes Pitt and Cuse, because fack them.

Reaction Score
Proud UConn fan and ND student! It's great having two teams that I follow very closely.

Reaction Score
Rooting for UCONN and all the nBE teams. Boise is definitely my second favorite and was my second favorite even long before they moved to the BE. Root against all nACC teams including Pitt and Syracuse.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I root for everyone on the schedule for SOS purposes. I will always root for WVU. I root for Boise, Houston, SMU, SDSU, UCF and Memphis.

Once conference play is in full swing I will root against Pitt and Cuse in every game. I can't wait for next year to come so I can root against them all year.

Reaction Score
I have to admit that I don't root on a Big East level. I just don't care outside of UConn.

Outside of Connecticut, I was a Wisconsin fan before we went 1A.

Reaction Score
I root for UConn and whoever will help UConn's strength of schedule or placement in the conference ranking.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Huge LSU fan here. Grew up in Baton Rouge and my grandfather was the offensive coordinator for LSU for 20 years in the 60s and 70s.

Moved to CT at 11 years old and started rooting for UConn in high school (West Hartford). A bunch of my friends went to UConn and I partied up there a ton while in school at SCSU. Was on campusd when they beat Duke in '99. I'll never forget it.

Reaction Score
William and Mary... the fiancee works for them and I now live 5 minutes from their stadium and getting married pretty much right next to stadium

Reaction Score
I have to admit that I don't root on a Big East level. I just don't care outside of UConn.

Outside of Connecticut, I was a Wisconsin fan before we went 1A.

Same here. I grew up out there.

Reaction Score
So it's the first glorious College Football Saturday and I'm continuing my usual lazy tradition of sitting on my couch and watching the multitude of channels that carry CFB games. It made me start to think about who I pull for. I was born and raised a PSU fan but I can't bring myself to cheer for them. Then I flip to the 'Cuse game and I can't bring myself to cheer for them because in my mind they aren't a member of the BE anymore. I'll probably feel the same for Pitt as well. So my question to you all on this great day is, do you pull for current BE members in OOC games or do you cheer against 'Cuse and Pitt? What about WVU? I flipped on that game and I couldn't watch I was so enraged by them. Are you pulling for NBE teams already? I always cheer for Boise because I love the story from the past 6-7 years so I don't count them as pulling for a NBE team. I dunno what I'll feel for SMU, UH, UCF, etc....I always ant the BE to represent well in the OOC slate but 'Cuse and Pitt can suck it.
I always pull for all 3 service academies, Stanford & NW because they are legitimate academic schools-not scams like UNC who has a great school but makes a mockery of the education on behalf of its athletes, I pull for Wisconsin (who I view as the better version of what we are/have been lately....a team of big, strong, linemen, a bunch of hard-nosed players across the board), I used to pull for Boise out of respect for what they have accomplished and how exciting they are to watch, but not so much anymore ever since their school President said they were going to stop playing Idaho and actually referred to their school as a bunch of drunks. Talk about a "new money" attitude....I agree with you about PSU.

I will ALWAYS root against the following teams, regardless of the bigger picture:
1) BC (2) RU (3) Syracuse (4) Pitt (5) ND (6) RPI (I went to WPI).

Reaction Score
UConn first & foremost. Notre Dame (Godfather-uncle is a grad) & loved Lindsey Nelson on Sunday mornings (If you don't know this reference, you are VERY young). LSU-since I was 12y.o., & brother went to grad school there after getting his B.S. at UConn. Oklahoma (Aunt is from Nebraska, but I was a huge Billy Simms fan). Michigan-was pissed when they should have gone to the Rose Bowl, but Ohio State was sent after the Wolverine qb's shoulder was separated. Oregon State-especially against the Ducks & pulling off upsets of USC.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Root against BCU (was howling laughing in car at radio broadcast yesterday)

Root for Clemson usually as common game attendee with me is a big fan.

Reaction Score
1A I root for all NBE teams and PSU (live in PA and besides, $%## the NCAA).

Against Cuse, WVU, Pitt, BC, and most of all ND.

1AA I follow Yale (alma mater) and William and Mary (daughter goes there).

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
One of my best friends is an Oregon grad so I tend to root for them

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
My pecking order...

1. UConn
2. Rice
3. New Hampshire
4. Navy/Air Force/Army
7. San Jose State
8. Utah State
9. Ohio U
10. Tennessee

UConn is self-explanatory. I have liked Rice for over a decade now, for no particular reason (apart from the fact that they try to win the right way, even moreso than the likes of Vandy and Duke do). UNH is a powerhouse FCS program that has earned my respect. Service academies are self-explanatory. SJSU and Utah State are becoming really dangerous, and it's great to see once decrepit programs turning things around. Ohio U is admirable because of Solich, and I like Tennessee because their home stadium is awesome and they have a great fight song.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I like Tennessee because their home stadium is awesome and they have a great fight song.

UGH! I was in the Pep Band when I was at UConn and played for the women's games. If I have to hear that dang song one more time I might vomit. They literally played it every second they were given the chance when we played them!

Reaction Score
BE in OOC games most of the time (although that's not so easy).
Mostly I find myself rooting against teams/conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom