Whitney Jennings Transferring from Iowa | The Boneyard

Whitney Jennings Transferring from Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A very refreshing positive approach by Coach Blunder on this. She should be emulated!

“Whitney’s a great kid; Tagyn, too,” Bluder said. “If they want to be closer to home, you can’t do anything about it.”
"We’ll want to see a list of schools in which she wants to attend,” Bluder said of Jennings. “We’ll help her with her next step.”

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Leaving home sounds great until you're gone. Then you realize that it would be nice for your family and friends to be close enough to attend your games.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Leaving home sounds great until you're gone. Then you realize that it would be nice for your family and friends to be close enough to attend your games.
I think the 'attend games' part of it is a myth - lots of other considerations for being closer to home, but I just don't think kids after the first year really think who is in the stands - parents maybe but athletes, meh.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Freshman Taja Cole is also transferring from Louisville. Was a top 20 recruit.

Reaction Score
A very refreshing positive approach by Coach Blunder on this. She should be emulated!

“Whitney’s a great kid; Tagyn, too,” Bluder said. “If they want to be closer to home, you can’t do anything about it.”
"We’ll want to see a list of schools in which she wants to attend,” Bluder said of Jennings. “We’ll help her with her next step.”
Love this part: "We’ll want to see a list of schools in which she wants to attend,” Bluder said of Jennings. “We’ll help her with her next step.”

"Let's see - schools in Indiana.....
Notre Dame...no
Purdue...no
Indiana...no
Indiana State...mmmmm...no
Butler...uhhh...nahhh
Valparaiso...well...let's talk
Ball State...Yeah, that sounds like a good fit for you!"

Reaction Score
ETT, Love your contributions here but it would be hard to find a more self-serving comment from a poster, knowing that Texas is currently a competitive hotbed of talent.

Your's must be the approach Kim takes when maxing out her scholarships. She can't promise playing time but she can point put how easily one's neighbor might be able to make the ride to Waco.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Freshman Taja Cole is also transferring from Louisville. Was a top 20 recruit.

I see that unlike the Oklahoma wcbb coach, she spells her name correctly. (I offer this as expert testimony. ;))

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
And two more guards recruited for next year. Jeff and Mulkey should talk to each other about over recruiting certain positions.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Love this part: "We’ll want to see a list of schools in which she wants to attend,” Bluder said of Jennings. “We’ll help her with her next step.”

"Let's see - schools in Indiana.....
Notre Dame...no
Purdue...no
Indiana...no
Indiana State...mmmmm...no
Butler...uhhh...nahhh
Valparaiso...well...let's talk
Ball State...Yeah, that sounds like a good fit for you!"

Funny you should bring up Ball State at the end. At the conclusion of the article above, it notes Iowa's 2015-2016 season came to a close when it lost in the first round of the WNIT....to Ball State.

The Big 10 schools and ND are off that list, for sure, but I could see Butler, Valpo and, yes, even Ball State. Logansport, if memory holds, is just north of Butler and Indy.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think the 'attend games' part of it is a myth - lots of other considerations for being closer to home, but I just don't think kids after the first year really think who is in the stands - parents maybe but athletes, meh.

This is not the case for Alexis Jones, whose father had never gotten to see her play while she was at Duke. He now gets to attend every home game and they have discussed how happy she is that he can see her play in person now that she is at Baylor.

Cox and Chou also stated that they wanted to play close to home so that their families could see them play. Chou's mother has coached her for quite a few years so she wanted her to be a part of her college experience.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like WCB has found it's version of one or two and I'm done with you.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
ETT, Love your contributions here but it would be hard to find a more self-serving comment from a poster, knowing that Texas is currently a competitive hotbed of talent.

Your's must be the approach Kim takes when maxing out her scholarships. She can't promise playing time but she can point put how easily one's neighbor might be able to make the ride to Waco.

But on the other hand, many kids want to break free and feel like more of an adult and leaving for a different setting may be what they want more. It varies by the athlete, of course. And also may vary depending on family dynamics and closeness to the parents and the siblings.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I'm surprised by her move back "home" and giving up a starting position on a Big "10" team. She won't be guaranteed that slot when she transfers.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised by her move back "home" and giving up a starting position on a Big "10" team. She won't be guaranteed that slot when she transfers.
??? Maybe she already has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom