Whitmer's outing on Saturday | The Boneyard

Whitmer's outing on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On the first drive he threw a pick for a TD after moving the team in easy field goal range. It's safe to call it a 10 point swing.

Then a couple of quick empty drives.

Next he got the ball in the red zone off a fumble. A sack, an incomplete pass, a chop block move the ball back to a 45-yard FG try. No good. Probably a minus 3- points as not losing yardage nets a FG. At this point CW is a -13

Another empty drive.

The a 9 play 50 yard drive that stalls in the red zone. We get FG. CW back to a -10.

HALFTIME.

Empty drive. More penalties.

Next drive Whitmer sacked, fumbles, returned for TD. CW is now Gross -20, Net -17.

Next drive, Newsome turns screen pass into 74- yard TD!!!! CW net down to -10.

Next drive, miscommunication on handoff in end zone results in safety. Tough to blame on Whitmer but he has the ball in his hands. Gross -22, Net -12.

Next drive, Whitmer fumbles on sack, UConn recovers, bullet dodged. Punt.

Whitmer replaced.

Reaction Score
Good thing we didn't go to another QB. They may have thrown a plus pick leading up to another FG. That would've been DISASTROUS!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
On the first drive he threw a pick for a TD after moving the team in easy field goal range. It's safe to call it a 10 point swing.

Next he got the ball in the red zone off a fumble. A sack, an incomplete pass, a chop block move the ball back to a 45-yard FG try. No good. Probably a minus 3- points as not losing yardage nets a FG. At this point CW is a -13

Another empty drive.

The a 9 play 50 yard drive that stalls in the red zone. We get FG. CW back to a -10.

HALFTIME.

Next drive Whitmer sacked, fumbles, returned for TD. CW is now Gross -20, Net -17.

Next drive, miscommunication on handoff in end zone results in safety. Tough to blame on Whitmer but he has the ball in his hands. Gross -22, Net -12.

Whitmer replaced.

"It's the coaches responsibility to make that a point of emphasis. It is absolutely a reflection of coaching. That fumble wasn't technique or execution. He didn't miss a block or get overpowered. It's a lack of focus. A mental error. It lies squarely with the coach.

He should have been TAUGHT not to fumble well before game five. If he was he wouldn't have fumbled. Obviously the kids were not drilled well enough. The point was not made well enough."

:)

Reaction Score
Granted the OL is horrendous, but he wont stay in the pocket at all. There are times he rolls out right into the DE. Can't blame the OT on that. They dont have eyes in the back of their heads (though next years helmet may). They assume he's in the pocket.

Reaction Score

Another empty drive.

HALFTIME.

Whitmer replaced.

You're killing me here. Really. Re-watch the game in an unemotional state. Then let us know all the plays that Whitmer left on the field. Other than the INT, I couldn't find one. So this is more about the O line than it is the QB. I'm begging you to please stop beating the QB dead horse

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Another empty drive.

HALFTIME.

Whitmer replaced.

Do you think they should play Boyle more?

Reaction Score
The only reason I can imagine keeping Boyle out of the game is that you don't want to get him killed behind that O-Line. Which is fair. I wouldn't want to be behind them, either.

Reaction Score
You're killing me here. Really. Re-watch the game in an unemotional state. Then let us know all the plays that Whitmer left on the field. Other than the INT, I couldn't find one. So this is more about the O line than it is the QB. I'm begging you to please stop beating the QB dead horse
So he bears no responsibility for the empty drives?

Reaction Score
He along with the ten of his teammates plus his coaches, plus the parents of the coaches and players who clearly did not provide enough great DNA to up their game, plus the fans, and the sound guy, and the parking lot attendants and the good Lord who made the day too nice for football. You must be a ton of fun at parties.

Actually, I blame Captain Kirk and Mr Spock.

Reaction Score
Boyle was awful last year, and this year he couldn't beat out Cochran, couldn't beat out Whitmer for the back up job and now can't seem to beat out Whitmer and might be a trisk of being replaced as backup by a guy who has spend 3 1/2 years as a wide receiver. Makes me wonder if he is maybe lacking something...I also expect that next season we'll be playing a very different style of football on offense.

Reaction Score

I don't understand why you're not calling for Schafenacker and Rugg to play. It would make more logical sense than your jihad for Boyle. We haven't seen Schafenacker or Rugg. We've seen Boyle. If you're gonna be intellectually honest, do it across the board.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
You think Whitmer listens to Pink Floyd? Only song I could think of Saturday was"Run like hell"

Reaction Score
You think Whitmer listens to Pink Floyd? Only song I could think of Saturday was"Run like hell"

That's the only one? I would think almost any of their songs might apply

Wish You Were Here,
Time,
Breathe,
Comfortably Numb,
Welcome to the Machine,
Another Brick in the Wall,
High Hopes,
Marooned,
Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2,
Mother,
Learning to Fly,
Hey You,
Echoes,
Us and Them,
Any Colour You Like,
One of These Days,
Lost for Words,
Pigs,
Two Suns in the Sunset,
Sorrow,
Take It Back,
Dogs,
Sheep,
Have a Cigar,

Reaction Score
We have a group in our section that spends the whole game yelling about how bad they they think Whitmer sucks. Then after Boyle threw the pick, they took off.

I'm amazed at some of the behavior I see at these games. I moved down to behind UConn's bench because my son wanted to and that point, why not. We get down there, sit for a while and it's very apparent we're sitting right next to the players' families. This drunk idiot keeps screaming to Bradley to "rep Delaware". After the Boyle pick, he yells at him to transfer on his way out. If I wasn't with my son, I may have "accidentally" tripped him on his way out. What a loser.

Was probably a Yarder.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I'm amazed at some of the behavior I see at these games. I moved down to behind UConn's bench because my son wanted to and that point, why not. We get down there, sit for a while and it's very apparent we're sitting right next to the players' families. This drunk idiot keeps screaming to Bradley to "rep Delaware". After the Boyle pick, he yells at him to transfer on his way out. If I wasn't with my son, I may have "accidentally" tripped him on his way out. What a loser.

Was probably a Yarder.

Thats really sad.

Reaction Score
Granted the OL is horrendous, but he wont stay in the pocket at all. There are times he rolls out right into the DE. Can't blame the OT on that. They dont have eyes in the back of their heads (though next years helmet may). They assume he's in the pocket.
Been saying this forever and a day. Whitmer and this OL simply don't compliment each other, but I think they take turns making one another look worse than they may be. Whitmer has shown an ability to connect on some nice throws like the TDs against Boise, the OL came out on the opening drive opened some holes and we completed some passes, so they're not totally helpless. What we have is a QB that takes off if he feels or sees any collapse of the pocket, and our line even in their best attempts at pass protection give ground and struggle staying in front of their guys. Match made in hell really.

Reaction Score

Was probably a Yarder.
I went through this in section 242 last year. There was fight during the Towson game. I demanded they move me back to 202, which is more family friendly IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom