whitmer-lyle-phillips-frank | The Boneyard

whitmer-lyle-phillips-frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we have all 4 for the next 3 seasons starting in 2 weeks. unreal. considering all the issues over the years on O we actually have 4 guys that are going to be together for a while at important spots. this must be a 1st in our short history. i'm just jacked up about our future O. it may take time and this season may be tough at times with a learning curve, but man oh man next summer will be a lot different thinking about the juco d guys instead of our O. random thoughts...

Reaction Score
I agree......The Sophomore class is the next big class for us......Just Picture.........Our Line Backing Corps too of sophomores.....Bigwood, Stewart, Vann, Ashiru!!!!! Unreal.........Just need to build the lines for the future and make sure we get consistent QB play......

Reaction Score
on a side note: Somebody mentioned in another post how they'd like to see us push towards being the "Linebacker U" of the northeast for the future...but how about "CB U"....or "DB U".......Some recent names of success....Darius Butler (2nd rd draft pick), Tyvon Branch (all pro calibur), Jasper Howard (would have been a legit pro), Blidi Wreh-Wilson (is going to be a legit pro), Dwayne Gratz (I think is poised to have a great year and show that he is a great player just living in BWW shadow), Robert McClain (got drafted had a pic and 5 tackles the other night, should make the falcons roster this year)...... Taylor Mack has tremendous potential just lurking in shadows right now...Expect a big senior year for him!

Reaction Score
I think you guys will be competing with us over those titles.

At least we know Syracuse isn't in the discussion.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i feel that we can have a good year this year and next year we will have some holes to fill. tight end and some spots on d. stewart coming in helps at lb. burlingame adds juco depth on the dl and we just need some dbs. i'll wait and see who steps up this year before being extremely concerned there. we also are going to have like 5 tigh ends to pick from to fill those spots and wile nick williams is gone then we can fill in foxx and bradley in that slot spot. so i feel like we are getting all the pieces to fill in for next year after a hoipefully good year this year. we will be extremely young in 2013 but loaded with potential which i feel could be a .500 or better type season all together becuase of whitmer/phillips/lyle all back so the O for the first time in years can carry us. 2014 is shaping up for us to be a monster. monster!!!

i would love nothing more than 9-3 this fall, 7-5 next year then 10-2 in 2014.

Reaction Score
on a side note: Somebody mentioned in another post how they'd like to see us push towards being the "Linebacker U" of the northeast for the future...but how about "CB U"....or "DB U".......Some recent names of success....Darius Butler (2nd rd draft pick), Tyvon Branch (all pro calibur), Jasper Howard (would have been a legit pro), Blidi Wreh-Wilson (is going to be a legit pro), Dwayne Gratz (I think is poised to have a great year and show that he is a great player just living in BWW shadow), Robert McClain (got drafted had a pic and 5 tackles the other night, should make the falcons roster this year)...... Taylor Mack has tremendous potential just lurking in shadows right now...Expect a big senior year for him!

LOL - DB-U because we had 1 guy get drafted in the 2nd round that can't stay with one team? Tyvon Branch has been the ONLY successful UConn NFL'er who has played at an ALL-Pro level in the NFL. I think we would need 10 years of studs going to the NFL and that just isn't happening..

Reaction Score
LOL - DB-U because we had 1 guy get drafted in the 2nd round that can't stay with one team? Tyvon Branch has been the ONLY successful UConn NFL'er who has played at an ALL-Pro level in the NFL. I think we would need 10 years of studs going to the NFL and that just isn't happening..

I'm not trying to say we ARE "DB U" but I feel our coaches have done a good job of coaching technique and getting the most out of our underrated raw talent..........Branch and Butler paved some way.....Obviously there's a long way before we would be "DB U" but I like who we have right now going forward.

pj

Reaction Score
I say we go for "Football U". Has that been taken?

Reaction Score
Let's hope our passing game can deliver in the OOC games over the next two years. The next two years give us great chances to be heard.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I say we go for "Football U". Has that been taken?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345515938.797804.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member