Which Would Make You Feel Bettet About UConn's Loss To Iowa? | The Boneyard

Which Would Make You Feel Bettet About UConn's Loss To Iowa?

Which of the Following Would Make You Feel Better About UConn's Loss to Iowa

• Iowa Getting Routed By SC and Realizing a Trip to TitleA Game Would Have Been in Vain

Votes: 57 44.2%
  • Iowa Winning Title Game and Taking Solace in Barely Losing to Eventual Champs

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • A Replay of 2021 Regional Final.and Remembering Controversial Calls Even Out

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I Don't Want To Feel Better and Prefer to Wallow in Misery

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Iowa Getting Routed By SC and Realizing a Trip to Title Game Would Have Been in Vain

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • Iowa Getting Routed By SC and Realizing a Trip to Title Game Would Have Been in Vain

Votes: 26 20.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Please choose one or more of the following responses (and/or post your own)

Reaction Score
Sorry poll choices went sideways. Had issues editing. Maybe a mod can please delete duplicate responses and correct typo in first one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I want SC to win decisively over Iowa. I’m petty. I always want the teams that beat UConn to lose.

I also want Strong to commit to UConn and for the men to bring home #6. Never let anyone forget who owns college basketball!!

Reaction Score
If Iowa wins it all for Clark
But, really, nothing will make me feel better. REFS should swallow their whistles.
Do anyone remember the Seton Hall vs Michigan game (MBB) in 1989 (the overtime game) when there was
a phantom whistle in the final 5 seconds against Seton Hall with Seton Hall ahead by one? In the grainy
black and white game film even the players were looking at each other wondering why
the whistle blew.... OUCH!

Reaction Score
Nothing about the outcome of the Iowa/SC game will make me feel any better about our losing last night. I will get over it before too long. I don't really care who wins the championship if it ain't us, particularly in this case where I have nothing against either team. For the good of women's basketball let the game be close and entertaining.

Reaction Score
I want SC to win decisively over Iowa. I’m petty. I always want the teams that beat UConn to lose.

I also want Strong to commit to UConn and for the men to bring home #6. Never let anyone forget who owns college basketball!!
You're greedy!!

Reaction Score
Larry Bird had a great comment when he was coaching the Pacers and his team lost to the Bulls in 7. He was asked in the next matchup between the Bulls and whoever they were playing - who would win? He said "I don't care."

I don't care who wins. Looking forward to next year and we do have Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ESPN has done a great dis-service to women's basketball by pumping up Caitlin Clark so far above the rest. She ends up being the villain when a situation like last night happens. Because the refs injected themselves in the game, it's totally clouded what should be either a joyful run to the championship or natural heartbreak for Iowa/Clark. Obviously, none of this is fair to the UConn players but it also reinforces the negatives that Clark exhibits in a way that she doesn't really deserve.

Reaction Score
ONLY 1 THING !!! OUR OTHER TEAM !!!! GLENDALE, ...STATE FARM NFL STADIUM..., TONIGHT, 849 PM EDT, 549 MST.. !!!! NO MIDNIGHT or 11 PM EDT MASSACRE TONIGHT !!!!! AAAAAGGGGHHHHH !! "UCONN,.., HUSKIES, ....WOOF !!!! " BIG RED GOTTA BE THERE TONIGHT !!!! " U ! C ! O ! N ! N !, .., UCONN UCONN UCONN !!!!!! " AND "BIG RED" ACTUALLY!! IS THE OFFICIAL MASCOT OF THE NFL ARIZONA CARDINALS IN THAT SAME STADIUM !!!!!!

Reaction Score
But, really, nothing will make me feel better. REFS should swallow their whistles.
Do anyone remember the Seton Hall vs Michigan game (MBB) in 1989 (the overtime game) when there was
a phantom whistle in the final 5 seconds against Seton Hall with Seton Hall ahead by one? In the grainy
black and white game film even the players were looking at each other wondering why
the whistle blew.... OUCH!
I remember a game between Tennessee and Baylor (Summit and Mulkey) where there was a scrum going after a loose ball and the ref called a foul on Tennessee. There were only a few seconds left and the foul shots taken by Tennessee decided it. I didn't hate Kim Mulkey at the time, so I felt bad for Baylor.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The NCAA admitting that it was a bad call and promising to implement actions to preclude recurrence instead of ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away.

I have no faith in the NCAA correcting the officiating problem. It has been bad for a long while.

I beleive thius is just lip service to quiet the crowd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom