Which Husky will be picked first in the 2024 draft? | The Boneyard

Which Husky will be picked first in the 2024 draft?

Who will be picked first in the 2024 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Serious question- why isn't Tristan as highly regarded? UConn wins two championships in a row and Tristan is leading scorer in both championship games. Tristan is a very good defender, rebounder, scorer- he is good at everything. Why not more love for him at the draft?

Reaction Score
Serious question- why isn't Tristan as highly regarded? UConn wins two championships in a row and Tristan is leading scorer in both championship games. Tristan is a very good defender, rebounder, scorer- he is good at everything. Why not more love for him at the draft?
Because people can’t spell his name correctly.

Reaction Score
older, so less room for metaphorical growth. NBA draft is all about potential upside value.

Reaction Score
He's a 23-year old guard with a 32 inch vertical and an okay jump shot.

Reaction Score
You people kill me.

He’s a two time National Champion. Can we please spell his name correctly?
It's unbelievable to me that posters are still spelling his name wrong. I get that not everyone is a a good speller, but would you spell your own child's name wrong? I think we've all probably seen Tristen's name in print more than our own children's names.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie had more than 10 years in the league. Tristan can do everything Ollie did with much more offensive pop.
except defend man to man
KO was highly regarded for his work ethic on the court
Newton was/is a much better offensive threat than KO - KO as a PG was distributor and quarterback.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
except defend man to man
KO was highly regarded for his work ethic on the court
Newton was/is a much better offensive threat than KO - KO as a PG was distributor and quarterback.
I still remember the story about OKC bringing in KO as a possible assistant. They had the team run that day so KO ran with them at 38 or whatever years old and beat all of them. If I thought Newton was going to put in that much work, especially on D, then maybe he could carve out a similar career. He is more skilled, but I think Ollie was a better athlete.

Reaction Score
If he wins 3 we'll consider it
This gave me a good laugh.

Can’t wait to see “Leeum” next year.

Proud of Tristen, has his jersey up there with the likes of Rey Allen, Richard Hamuhlton, and Shubazz Napeyear.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's unbelievable to me that posters are still spelling his name wrong. I get that not everyone is a a good speller, but would you spell your own child's name wrong? I think we've all probably seen Tristen's name in print more than our own children's names.
Yeah, it's not about being a good speller or not. No one should care about minor spelling errors in random words on here, but learning a person's name and spelling it correctly is about respect.

Reaction Score
I think Castle might actually go ahead of Clingan.

I think when the dust settles the speed and agility tests will hurt DC a lot. He basically tested as one of the slowest players ever? In a league thats increasingly putting everyone behind the 3 point line and switching on most screens I think that could be problematic for Clingan. Everyone keeps making the Gobert comp from a size/drop coverage perspective but they couldn't be more different types of athletes. The Twolves also make it work because they have amazing defensive guards. Not all systems work like that.

Reaction Score
Clingan. He’s a unicorn. Only comp for him in the draft is Edey and all the experts seem to think he has more upside.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I love Newton and greatly appreciate all he did for UConn. He's a first team All-American and will have a great career, , , , overseas. He will be drafted late in the second round as some team takes a flyer. It's 50-50 if he gets a part time contract.

Castle with the highest floor and ceiling will go before DC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom