Which current Husky do you expect to make the biggest jump in play this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Which current Husky do you expect to make the biggest jump in play this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
th

Gabby Williams

Definitely need to move the bar up. Hoping she doesn't have the Caroline Doty experience (playing wise) at UCONN.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She is doing the Fosbury flop
I liked that just for remembering that Dick Fosbury revolutionized the high jump.

Reaction Score
I think Kiah Stokes, by far !

She will be a monster rebounder, and shot blocker. You gotta believe that her and Stewie are going to be much
better working the high/low on offense. No problems can I see on defense. She could easily guard 3 positions.

Kiah will probably never be as good a passer as Stef was, but Stef set that bar too high for any other post to be as good either. She will be at least as good a rebounder, probably a little better than Stef.

We have plenty of scoring threats, and I see Kiah getting better and better at making plays every game. She has been a very loyal to Geno and UCONN. She has bided her time, got out of Geno's doghouse, now her senior year
is HER time.

Watch out for a bunch of double/doubles !

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I hope it's Kiah's offense- developing enough to require someone to guard her 12-15 ft from the hoop. We lost a lot with Steph- especially on the offensive end. We have a lot of talent. But we need Kiah to be enough of a threat to be guarded. Last year there was no one the opposition could double. And we will have a freshman replacing Bria probably/possibly. We are obviously in good position. But to be almost unbeatable, Kiah has to become pretty good offensively, or Morgan has to become very healthy and in the flow by Feb/March. We are a threat to win NC regardless. I'm talking about being great-again!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Saniya will improve the most followed by Kiah and Morgan. Breanna and KML will be off the charts good and almost unstoppable. When they are double teamed everybody else will score in bunches. Stay healthy and continue to get better and another undefeated season and anther NC.

Reaction Score
This is a great topic to think about and one I'm struggling to answer predictively. Given that, I'm going to answer it a bit differently, i.e., not who I THINK will make the biggest leap forward but who I WANT to make that leap.

My vote? Breanna Stewart. She wants four NCs, and she has some ideas of things she can improve upon. She knows she was AP/WBCA/Naismith NPOY last year but could win the Wade and Wooden too in a clean sweep.

It would be scary if Stewie made a leap forward as a junior...but damn would it be fun to watch.

And I'd love for KML to stay healthy next season and vie for NPOY in her own right. I've always been extremely fond of her and want the absolute best for her in her senior campaign.
How could anyone not be a fan of KML. She's such a classy kid and she's done such a marvelous job helping our recruiting directly and indirectly. She's influenced (at least to a degree) Breanna and Moriah to join our program along with KLS and I'm inclined to think that the way she's played the game and the joy that she shows when playing has helped indirectly influence other rising stars to come to Storrs. Who doesn't respect the way that she battled back from her elbow injury and that case of mono and then had such a marvelous post season. That shows the quiet intensity and drive that she possesses and I don't know anyone who doesn't want her to have a monster year to cap off a great career at UConn, culminating in her 3rd consecutive national championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom