Where's Wolf | The Boneyard

Where's Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He would have been the missing piece. I don't want to rehash what he did, but he could have come back and helped us, especially in the middle of the zone. He could rebound and score. Yes, he was also foul prone, but a center rotation of Enosch and Brimah for 30 minutes and Nolan and Olander for 10 or foul trouble would have put us over the top and a definite title contender. Oh well, what could have been.....

Reaction Score
Sure you can... Tyler wouldn't be here though.

I thought they gave Wolf and option to walk on. Now, I know that is why he's not here, but did they offer that option thinking he would accept, or was it just a token offer, knowing that it wasn't really an option and by doing so, he was gone.

Reaction Score
I thought they gave Wolf and option to walk on. Now, I know that is why he's not here, but did they offer that option thinking he would accept, or was it just a token offer, knowing that it wasn't really an option and by doing so, he was gone.
I think it was a token considering it would have cost him around $50k (apparently we like to take as much foreign money as we can).

Reaction Score
Most likely a token option, as international students cannot receive financial aid and he would have been spending close to $50,000 to play this year.

Reaction Score
He would have been the missing piece. I don't want to rehash what he did, but he could have come back and helped us, especially in the middle of the zone. He could rebound and score. Yes, he was also foul prone, but a center rotation of Enosch and Brimah for 30 minutes and Nolan and Olander for 10 or foul trouble would have put us over the top and a definite title contender. Oh well, what could have been.....

Jesus has any player in UConn history developed as overblown a reputation based on nothing as Enosch Wolf?

Reaction Score
Jesus has any player in UConn history developed as overblown a reputation based on nothing as Enosch Wolf?

With the Mandeldove cracks you at least know people are joking, these dudes actually believe this sh t

Reaction Score
Wolf averaged about 10 points, 10 boards, and 3 blocks per 40 last year.
He had a beautiful looking J from 12 feet and in.
He played with emotion.
We seemed to play better when he was in.

Damn I miss him, and I wish he was here.

I don't know if he would have been the missing piece, but I have zero doubt he would be much better than the Brimah/Olander/Nolan mess we have right now.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Strummer is right.

Wolf was a good rebounder. That is something this team desperately needs. And his offense was nothing to rave about, but one of the things I liked about him was that he gave 150% every time he stepped on the floor. Our centers and forwards this year don't even come close to giving 100% effort.

Now Wolf would not have won or helped us win the game last night, but the long run would have been better with him here. Water over the dam though. You gotta play the cards your dealt.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wolfie pimp-slapped himself off the team. Move on.

Sadly, that means moving on to Tyler "Doh"lander who tried to rap, drink and drive off the team but we were desperate. Last night, he almost glacially retreated off the team but alas, thanks to Phil "How do I finish a dunk?" "No"lan and Amidah "I am so excited to be out here that I thought fouling was a good thing" Brimah are here and need rests.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wolf? duck that, while we are dreaming, I'd prefer Emeka Okafor.

All this proves is that you guys have no imagination.

Reaction Score
Many may not agree but even with Giffeys improvement and Kromah , Drummond made last years team better than this. That's how big the donut hurts.

Reaction Score
Ahh The Wolf I remember one day he got blood from a stone. Didn't he have a 45" vertical and benched over 600. What could have been.... if only The Wolf was still here

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Many may not agree but even with Giffeys improvement and Kromah , Drummond made last years team better than this. That's how big the donut hurts.

Was that a typo? Or did I miss the joke?

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Wolfe is approaching Majok- and Deng-like lore, given how little they each actually contributed.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Wolf averaged just under 14 mpg last season and had 3.4 points and 3.4 boards/game. He would probably be getting 25+ this year and 7 and 7 wouldn't be unreasonable to expect which would be a huge upgrade. He would make a big difference. If it was at the expense of TO being on the team, I would take that change in a heartbeat. If it was the the expense of Kromah, I'm not so sure I would take the trade - but maybe. Less time for Kromah may mean more time for Gif. Yeah, I'd take the trade in either case. Having a center who could get 7 boards a game in 25 minutes and any extra 2 or 3 from the others would be really good. Fits the biggest need we have in the only potentially possible way.

pj

Reaction Score
Wolf would have helped this team immensely, he was coming into his own as a player. Too bad. We did pick up a good replacement piece in Kromah. If Brimah, Nolan, and Facey develop fast enough, we might be better off for the trade, but odds are we'd have been better with Wolf. Nevertheless, you have to root for the team you have. I gave up thinking about Wolf in the summer.

Reaction Score
found him
LnenAWI.jpg

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
TO did stupid things. EW was involved in a domestic violence type situation. Lets not forget that or the problems we have dug ourselves out of.
Not to mention that TO was a basketball player last year. Who knew this would happen to him? Or, for that matter, that it wouldn't have happened to EW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom