When was the last time you visited storrs, ct? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

When was the last time you visited storrs, ct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whenever I think of chain pizza in CT, I'm reminded of my time living in Mexico City. There were three Taco Bells there. And they were popular because the Mexican kids thought it was some cool brand of American food.
Lol that’s funny. I imagine they figured they’re American tacos that they can’t get there.

You think a Chicago style pizzeria would do okay in Italy? It wouldn’t shock me

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Whenever I think of chain pizza in CT, I'm reminded of my time living in Mexico City. There were three Taco Bells there. And they were popular because the Mexican kids thought it was some cool brand of American food.
KFC is most popular restaraunt in Asia. And Asians know how to do chicken.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If you walk into a McDonald's in Rome the first thing you see is a McCafe.

It is stunning and if they could find a way to replicate that here, Starbucks, Dunkin and any other coffee place would be out of business.

The best part is the pricing is about 1/3 of what would be charged here.

I will say however that my favorite coffee shop in the world (also in Rome, little mom & pop deal) has it beat.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

It is stunning and if they could find a way to replicate that here, Starbucks, Dunkin and any other coffee place would be out of business.

I will say however that my favorite coffee shop in the world (also in Rome, little mom & pop deal) has it beat.
My wife was begging me to go into the one by the Spanish Steps. It's palatial. I would not budge but told her she was free to go in, I'd grab coffee elsewhere. She decided to just look in the windows.

Reaction Score

I go to a Mcdonald's in every major city I visit. I think the coolest I've been to was in Porto. I always thought it looked like a Nazi Mcdonald's. Sedona's is pretty cool too.

1655248238093.png

Reaction Score
Early 70s for a grad class. Instructor had misguided ideas of subject matter.

Reaction Score
Probably 20 years ago. It's not the same place I went to school - no South Campus, no Shaboo, no fieldhouse, no Memorial Stadium, so no nostalgia anymore.
No Shaboo... For sure.... It was a classic place to hang out and drink to excess!

My last visit was in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc